• No bed

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Under a rock

Votes: 2 7.1%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,200 Posts
The kind that is (more or less) flat (with some lumps) and rather unsightly due to my unwillingness to expend the time and energy keeping it looking tidy.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Metal framed double bed with no headboard ( I really liked the fact that it had no headboard). It's 1ft off the floor so that I can get 8 storage boxes underneath for all my junk haha. It also all unscrews with an Allen key; if I have to move it won't be something that would be cumbersome and heavy.

·
Registered
In repair
9,655 Posts
A full size Brimnes bed from Ikea. I love it, so much storage. I could definitely fit a queen size and possibly a king in my room, but I don't need it. Plus the bedding is that much cheaper and I have even more floor space.

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,280 Posts
My bed is a full. The frame is some cheap metal job but the mattress was like $1,700 or something like that. I used to have a super cheap mattress but then I started getting low back pain I think from sitting at a desk for 10+ hours a day so I got a decent mattress and that has helped. Helps with the pressure points and all that, I guess.

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Queen size

·
Super Moderator
9,686 Posts
Face Outerwear Hairstyle Photograph Jheri curl

Size

I've always thought about replacing it with a twin or bunk due to the small size of my room. But the thought of having to shop for a new mattress and to move everything in/out and to dissemble and assemble things, it has made me to keep putting it off for years and years now. I should probably consider moving into the garage again, which is about 3x the size of my room right now.

• Haha
Reactions: harrison

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
A few years ago I bought a fairly basic but sturdy metal frame king with a nice firm mattress. No headboard or footboard, just the way I like it; I never understood the use for those. It's so much more comfortable than my old bed; it was king too but really tall, with a really old mattress that I just sank right into.

·
Registered
17,927 Posts
I don't know what constitutes a full-size bed - mine is a double. It may as well be a single though, I've been the only one sleeping here since I got it. :rolleyes:

I do have quite a few pillows on the other side though - just to make it look like someone else may actually sleep there occasionally.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
I guess it's called a Twin bed, but it only has room for one person. I only got it in March after I moved into this rental house. Prior to that, I hadn't regularly slept in a bed since the early '90s. Sometime in the '90s, while still living "at home", I took to sleeping not in my bed upstairs but in a sleeping bag on the floor in the family room (actually on top of the sleeping bag with covers). I honestly don't know why I started doing that. When I moved out in 1999 into a tiny efficiency apartment, the place wasn't really big enough for a bed, so I again slept on the sleeping bag (same one) for 23 years. So currently I have the bed and usually sleep in it, but often if I'm up late and trying to watch a movie, I get so tired I can't continue it and turn it off, lay down on the carpeted floor, and hope that I can just sleep for a half hour or hour and wake up and keep watching the movie. Ten times out of ten, I'll wake up in early morning after five or so hours and either just continue my day or go in to my bed for an hour.

I thought this bed would help with my back problems, but that is not the case. It's soft, but is actually no more comfortable than sleeping on the floor.

·
Self isolating from self
3,886 Posts
View attachment 149970
Size

I've always thought about replacing it with a twin or bunk due to the small size of my room. But the thought of having to shop for a new mattress and to move everything in/out and to dissemble and assemble things, it has made me to keep putting it off for years and years now. I should probably consider moving into the garage again, which is about 3x the size of my room right now.
Also, if you replace that mattress you couldn't be soothed too sleep by the sweet voice of Freddy Mercury.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
King - I move around a lot when I sleep, so I like to have the space to do so :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts