Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the Rome mini-series on HBO which has a new episode every Sunday night...I should have lived 2,000 years ago as a Roman....Wine, women, and war.... :lol

I just finished watching the last new episode of Battlestar Galactica til January....It ended on a high note with a really awesome episode...The Galactica encounters another Battlestar, the Pegasus....Talk about a deep show that deals with all of the moral questions...What does it mean to be alive, human, have faith in a Supreme Being? The role of Democracy in a time of military crisis...Liberty vs. security, civilian vs. military control, the dehumanization and atrocities that occur when humans have seen too much war....A very thought provoking show, that addresses contemporary issues....

I am also looking forward to the remake of Kolchak The Night Stalker series which premieres this Thursday night at 9pm on ABC...The old series had two TV Movies, and a short lived series back in the mid 1970's.
It was an awesome show and a cult classic that influenced a whole generation of writers, directors etc...It was also a strong influence on the creators of the X Files....With the premiere of the Kolchak remake, Universal has FINALLY decided to release a DVD version of the old series....Anyonne who liked the X Files should love the old Kolchak series..
Hopefully, the new one will be good too....

Still have Rome and a new Kolchak series, along with Pro Football, baseball playoffs, and Bill Maher....Still wish Battlestar Galactica had some more new episodes though....Battlestar Galactica is coming out this week on DVD btw....You can get the mini-series, and all of Season One on DVD....A great show, already have my order in for it and the old Kolchak series....Space Above and Beyond is also coming out on DVD in November....Another great, but short lived SF series from the creators of the X Files....I will be getting that too....Just ordered the World at War DVD series, Century of Warfare, and documentaries about Greece and Rome....Needed some education as well as entertainment.... :lol

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
TV Shows I Currently Watch:
Lost

TV Shows I Watched until Recently (season has ended):
Battlestar Galactica
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate SG-1 (I know, it sucks, but I'm loyal)
Firefly

DVDs Recently Watched:
Deadwood

·
Registered
191 Posts
Currently:
Lost
Desperate Housewives
Grey's Anatomy
Arrested Development
Survivor
Nip/Tuck
Firefly (ending in a few weeks)

Others:
Rescue Me
Monk

·
Registered
775 Posts
Veronica Mars is so best. I hear ratings are low enough for cancellation though... I'd be so devastated if it gets cancelled.
Arrested Development-- season premiere had me in a LOLvalanche.
Nip/Tuck hasn't been as good as first season but I still like it.
My super sweet 16 on MTV is my guilty pleasure. I love to hate on those vile spoiled kids.
Prison Break. I normally don't watch a show just to stare at one hot guy, but the lead actor on this show is just... wow. I don't find the show that entertaining though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Weather channel
DSC
NGC
CSI
Classic VH1

Current DVD: Dirty Harry(Clint Eastwood is my favorite actor and he is turning into one of my favortie director too.)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The Outer Limits
Amazing Stories
Fact of Fiction
ghost hunters
beyond belief
seinfeld
Family Guy
a makeover story
How Clean is Your house :hide

·
Registered
72 Posts
emptybottle said:
Veronica Mars is so best. I hear ratings are low enough for cancellation though... I'd be so devastated if it gets cancelled.
I agree! I *love* VM. Best thing on TV. It better not get cancelled!!

I also watch ER (sometimes), The O.C. (sometimes), and Gilmore Girls.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Lost
Family Guy
Arrested Development

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Alias
Monk
CSI
CSI: Miami
Prison Break
Reunion
Without a Trace
Nip/Tuck
America's Next Top Model

·
Registered
19 Posts
Arrested Development
King of Queens
The Office
Two and a Half Men
Desperate Housewives
My name is Earl
Bernie Mac
Family Guy
The Simpsons

I'm going to rent the Lost and Smallville DVDs to catch up and start watching them.

I'm also looking forward to the new Nightstalker series starting tomorrow.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Stargate Atlantis
House
Reunion
Family Guy
Prison Break
CSI
Seinfeld
Bernie Mac
The Simpsons

·
Registered
318 Posts
Dirty Jobs
How its Made
Real World

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bewitched I really need to grow up I know.
I have Grey's Anatomy on order (season one) I LOVE that show it's excellent. I also love "Medium" (wish it would come out on dvd) and "Cold Cases" it's really sad at times but I love it. I also love CSI the Las Vegas one never ever watched the others.

As for reality have watched "Survivor" since the star later got into "The Amazing Race" and recently Dancing with the Stars ( Go Drew & Cheryl)

P.S. Oh I forgot I love the true crime shows on A&E.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
WinterDave said:
I really like the Rome mini-series on HBO which has a new episode every Sunday night...I should have lived 2,000 years ago as a Roman....Wine, women, and war.... :lol
Ooo I loved that show! I hope they do more seasons of Rome.

I also love Curb Your Enthusiasm (speaking of HBO) and I like Gilmore Girls and Medium.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Recently been watching a lot of The Shield, the Wire and Deadwood.

Now I'm trying to rewatch seasons 1-5 of The Sopranos before season 6 starts

1 - 20 of 28 Posts