Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was triggered as a kid. had a brutal upbringing, grew up pretty poor with a crazy mom who would just scream and you and undervalue your accomplishments and a father who never paid any attention to us. They were constantly fighting, plates would be thrown, cops would show up, i just got the gist that the best idea was to stay away from people. like if you stay quiet and out of the way there is a less chance of being put down and in a chaotic mess.

In grade 1 we had journal entries to write and we were required to go home and have one of our parents sign it before we handed it in. I remember one time my mom was reading through my journal and correcting all my grammer mistakes. Then on the last page she wrote a one paragraph blurb outlining how I'm an idiot, I misspell words and that I'm a "bad girl". she obviously had issues and was taking it out on me. I still have that notebook. But I remember not knowng how to react to it, you know?

·
Beautifully Wrong
56 Posts
7 years ago i was walking to work, and had a panic attack for no reason. have not stoped having them and constant anxiety sense. i am now agoraphobic with no reason why. had a rough life myself, but was always able to get over everything with ease. in my mind i know there is no reason to be this way and yet it happens anyway. very fun stuff.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lmao yeah extremely exciting.

you don't recall what triggered the panic attack?

·
Beautifully Wrong
56 Posts
lol, not at all.. there were zero triggers. my life was fine, i was doing well, just happened out of no where just on my way to work. i tried to push through what ever it was cause i didn't know what it was at the time, tried stoping off at a place to eat incase i just needed some food.. nothing helped, and it has not stopped sense. the whole situation is just really weird. i haven't found anyone else with my same story or one like it. alot of people's anxieties are ignored because people just like to assume they are fakeing it, but then go along with it because those people have real reason in their lives to have these issues. you can imagine what its like for me trying to convince people of my situation when i have no backstory lol.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
When there is a lot of people around me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yeah that is very interesting. I'm sure you do have a backstory lol maybe you didnt get over things as easy as you thought, our bodies have a way of catching up to us despite what we tell ourselves.

So its been 7 years eh? What kind of things are you anxious about now?

·
Beautifully Wrong
56 Posts
just about everything really. i can't go anywhere without having another panic attack for no reason. in the very back of my head i know there is no danger, but the rest of my mind just starts racing and i start shaking and then panic. its frustrating but i'll get it all worked out eventually. i exercise and see my doctor regularly, so its only a matter of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts