Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I watched 'Signs' when I was about 10 at a friend's house, which gave me nightmares for a while. My parents noticed and were guessing things that might've been the cause. I didn't want to admit to them that I'd watched 'Signs' so I agreed that it might've been some show on Cartoon Network. They then proceeded to block the channel entirely. Seriously shot myself in the foot back then...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another one: In third grade we watched a show called 'Ik mik Loreland' in class which is supposed to be an educational show for kids. It had a character in it called Karbonkel who would occasionally turn into a monster fish. I remember kids running from the classroom, crying, utterly terrified, whenever that thing appeared on screen.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
I can't say I was traumatized by anything, a few things scared me, other than the daily Vietnam war news that made me think that's what I have to look forward to in 8 or so years, a few stupid things on TV shows that nowadays seem corny scared me. One was that Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner...
and a Lost In Space episode with the Uncle Angus monster...I think it was mostly that screaming...

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's not a TV show, but I happened to catch this horror movie 'Monster Man,' once. It freaked me out. It was about this witch planning to use a person's body forcefully to rejuvenate a monster. Seemed scary at the time, but I bought the DVD a couple of years ago and it wasn't scary at all.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,369 Posts
I only really have one example I've posted before because I didn't really see any bad stuff as a kid. When I was about 6/7 I saw the Mr Creosote scene from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life and that disturbed me. I got over that quickly though it wasn't like the time when I went to the millennium dome irl and went into the giant body and got freaked out by the giant beating heart that had an impact on me that lasted weeks and I couldn't eat properly etc. Then even later I think I had some weird thing about hearts for a while. Oh that reminds me there was also this so that was probably a pattern:

kind of funny because it's so low quality lol.

I also got kind of freaked out by some parts of the early Tomb Raider games were Lara Croft would die and it sounded like she was breaking every bone in her body. There was one level too with a bunch of swords in the ceiling. I think there was a really big shaft in that level too you could fall down maybe that was something else. I wonder if I can find it on YT... Of course I also have to find someone playing badly lol.

I think this is the level:

In comparison to many game deaths, to this day I still find this one of the most horrific. Something about an untouchable badass like Lara snatched screaming & having all her bones break as she's slammed into the solid ground only to be immediately discarded. I suppose the music cutting out & clear non-cinematic shot of the whole moment made it so rough to watch
It doesn't bother me now but it did as a kid. the falls with spikes make me cringe too lol.

One thing I love about video game deaths though is when before you quit the npcs just continue on like 'stop they're already dead'

·
Registered
395 Posts
There was a children's TV show called 'The Demon Headmaster ' which really scared and creeped me out. I'd have difficulty sleeping if I had watch that during the day.

I also hated this public service video shown when I was in primary school about this boy who gets electrocuted trying to retrieve his frisbee. That was terrifying watching as a child.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,369 Posts
There was a children's TV show called 'The Demon Headmaster ' which really scared and creeped me out. I'd have difficulty sleeping if I had watch that during the day.

I also hated this public service video shown when I was in primary school about this boy who gets electrocuted trying to retrieve his frisbee. That was terrifying watching as a child.
Oh my God I forgot about that. It didn't traumatise me/scare me really but there was so many weird/random shows lol.

·
Banned
Somewhere else.
64 Posts
Idk I watched alot of horror type stuff when I was a child, nice stuff probably traumatised me more (I joke:D)... The shining, Misery etc.. I think of all of them "Death becomes her" freaked me out the most, the thought of being alive while breaking your neck & decomposing etc.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
There was a channel I used to watch that was ostensibly for kids, and it did have stuff like TMNT and Danger Mouse, but then it had some pretty violent anime as well. I remember one scene where a woman gets sucked into a big drain at the bottom of a pool and presumably killed. I haven't been able to ID it. Also a scene that was almost certainly about the legend of Mulan, where she stabs herself. I haven't been able to ID that one either, it was a cartoon that preceded the Disney version and looked much rougher, probably not anime-style either.

·
Super Moderator
34,605 Posts
I always say the same thing with these threads. There was some low budget horror movie about killer bees or something and there was some guy who was killed by them and the movie made it a point to make sure the audience knew that there was bees in his mouth. :LOL:

I was too young to understand. I didn't know that people were dying because they were being stung to death by bees. I thought he was dead because he had bees in his mouth. :LOL: So whenever I heard of someone dying I thought they probably had bees in their mouth. Someone eventually explained it to me.

·
lagrimas negras
1,763 Posts
The Exorcist gave me nightmares for years. Not sure why my oldest sister took us to the movies to watch that or why they even let us in the movie theater. Guess things were different back then.
There was also this movie named ' The food of the gods' about giant rats that freaked me out because we had rats in the house and that movie just made it harder for me to sleep.

·
Haters to the left.
No alarms and no surprises
2,733 Posts
Unsolved Mysteries and Tales From the Crypt

21 - 32 of 32 Posts