Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Socializing with myself
5,066 Posts
When I was playing with my Game Advance SP or Nintendo DS, I would take a look at what my mother was watching and I saw it was "Forensic Files" on TV. I would watch the Forensic Team search for the person who committed these gruesome crimes. A part my mind thinks it's done by someone else than the person who committed these crimes. Not human. I question myself if it could happen to me, my parents, my classmates or my teachers. The behavior from these situations are robotic, because the time and events of these crimes are done way too methodically for just human doings. Now I'm leading to say "Qunatum Computers." The only program that can simulate these behaviors into real time data. Knowing the time and place for each person, especially the remains.

The TV show Forensic Files would show stains on the sheet and floor. The people clothes are thrown all over the floor and the fridge is all open. This makes me think that there is more to the situation than what happened. This changes my perception about people behavior being natural.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
IDK if it was traumatized, but my parents used to watch America's Most Wanted and I think some other 911 type show and it was kind of disturbing sometimes. They were doing a story on a bank robbery and shooting. Granted it wasn't something a kid should have watched.

Also once my mom was watching Oprah and they were doing a story on dirty restaurants. This was way, way back, probably 1997 or so. I don't remember much from Oprah but I still remember that episode, and it really bothered me for some reason. Years later I used to watch those Dirty Dining segments on one of the news stations. None of them were local places but it would really upset me somehow. I've finally stopped reading or watching anything about dirty restaurants because it bother me so much.

·
bipolar
17,098 Posts
Nothing that I can remember - except maybe some of the 70's fashion. (which I wore myself)

I really wish I'd kept my two-tone platform shoes - they were fantastic.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,245 Posts
Tales from the Crypt is probably the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Trigger warning tag... 😅

·
Registered
13 Posts
For me it was Chucky from Child's Play. I would start getting sad when it got dark out because I was scared to go to sleep. Also, the scene from Sleep Away Camp where Angela is "revealed". 😂

·
alien monk
8,616 Posts

·
SUS Member
10,813 Posts
I used to watch horror movies in the afternoon when I was a kid. (They had no ****s to give about that kind of thing in the 70s.) I don't really think any of that traumatized me. I remember this one scene where a guy drove a woman out to a graveyard, poured gasoline all over her, and set her on fire. But I don't remember what the movie is called and haven't been able to find it. Think I was 5 when I saw that.

·
Super Moderator
34,268 Posts
For me it was Chucky from Child's Play. I would start getting sad when it got dark out because I was scared to go to sleep. Also, the scene from Sleep Away Camp where Angela is "revealed". 😂
It actually is from "The Incredible Hulk" show and is the monster that came before Banner. I recall it freaking me out as a kid.
That kind of stuff never bothered me in the slightest. Or if it did, it was only when I was very, very young.

Then again, I didn't see too much horror stuff when I was young and only saw things like Child's Play when I was like 14. By that time, I was not bothered by it at all.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Nothing that I can remember - except maybe some of the 70's fashion. (which I wore myself)

I really wish I'd kept my two-tone platform shoes - they were fantastic.
Lol, dude. I had three pairs--one black, one two tone, and one multicolored.
I think it's time to resurrect that style. It may be our ticket back to.........sanity??? :)

·
bipolar
17,098 Posts
Lol, dude. I had three pairs--one black, one two tone, and one multicolored.
I think it's time to resurrect that style. It may be our ticket back to.........sanity??? :)
We had some pretty groovy clothes back then didn't we mate? I also had a mauve suit and a lot of very wide, colourful ties that I wore to church on Saturday mornings. (Seventh Day Adventist) The pastor used to comment on those ties - he was obviously jealous. :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
We had some pretty groovy clothes back then didn't we mate? I also had a mauve suit and a lot of very wide, colourful ties that I wore to church on Saturday mornings. (Seventh Day Adventist) The pastor used to comment on those ties - he was obviously jealous. :)
That was back in the day it was ok to wear a color other than grey, lol. And wide belts weren't frowned upon. :) White bell bottoms, dude! Today's fashion is quite a bore. Or I'm just old, haha.

Reactions: harrison
1 - 20 of 32 Posts