Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I am seriously stuck and need help :(.

I have a Job interview on Tuesday and now have nothing to wear.
All of my 'smart' clothes/interview wear was stored in a friends loft. Unfortunately i came to get it out today and found most of the clothes are covered in rusty looking spots (even tho they were in air tight, moth resistant boxes).

I literally have £13 to buy something new so i am falling back onto what i already own. I don't know anybody i can borrow money from anyone and wouldn't really want too.
Adding to all of this it's my first interview in 9 years and i want to make a good impression. What do you wear to a just above minimum wage job? The job i have the interview for is titled 'Team member' at the Mecca Bingo Hall. So i don't feel a full on suit would be appropriate either. Most websites that i go on for advice seem to be aimed towards middle management/high paying jobs. Most also seem to suggest expensive suits.
Would these combinations be okay for this type of job..

1: I was planning on Photo 1 with maybe navy blue trousers (which i'd have to buy) and black shoes?

2: Black trousers (which i have) black shoes and a shirt (i'd have to buy..but which color/style or tie or no t)

3: Black trousers, or a stripped shirt (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8lUCt... and black shoes?

4:Can you think of a combination/idea?

I have other casual wear like Dark blue polo neck shirts etc but once again don't feel this would be appropriate for an interview.

I know it may be annoying for some but if any body could help id really REALLy appreciate it. Spesh if you show photos (well links to photos) etc to give me an idea of what you mean.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,108 Posts
I would do dress shirt, dress pants, belt, shoes, but lose the tie if it's only minimum wage. If you need to buy any of these things on the cheap, I recommend your local thrift shop.

·
Banned
3,108 Posts
Yes, those are what I was thinking of when I mentioned dress shirts. It doesn't have to be fancy, something very simple will do fine I think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers matey. May go go for a blue one tho as i have rather light skin. :( Purple may be a bit too dark unfortunately :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts