Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well. I like this girl. I have known her for 10 years and have always liked her really. Her mother even has suggested that I ask her out in front of this girls brother and sister, but I don't know. I have never really done well with communicating with anyone. I was planning on doing so anyway, but now I don't know if it would be right to do so. I feel lost. I also have this other girl that likes me as well, but I don't really have any feelings for her like I do this girl.

Should I ask her out? I like her alot, but what if she thinks her mother made me ask her out or something. I don't want her to think that. :afr

·
Registered
256 Posts
Go

For

It

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do it, but it could 'damage' the friendship if she doesn't feel the same way. So, would you rather try and risk losing something, or wake up every morning for the next 30 years and say dang, shoulda done something?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never really had much of a friendship. Few messages every now and then online maybe a couple a year, but she has never really liked me I guess. I think she has been avoiding me lately. She has even changed her profile page to be in a relationship. Her mother said she was single. I don't think she wants to go out with me. :( I believe it was from my last impression I left 10 years ago. I kinda froze up at her birthday party when her friend wanted to talk to me and I didn't wanna freeze up or anything, but her friend got mad and really all I did at the party was sit in the corner while her and her friends danced. Thinking about it makes me depressed and feel more worthless. I have no friends. :( I have never really hung out with anyone. Just myself or family events. I don't know how to talk to people.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Send her a message and ask how she's been doing lately, just get back in touch and do some e-small talk. The signs you described that she's exhibiting doesn't sound at all to me like this.. \/
...she has never really liked me I guess. I think she has been avoiding me lately. She has even changed her profile page to be in a relationship. Her mother said she was single. I don't think she wants to go out with me. :( I believe it was from my last impression I left 10 years ago.
:no

She didn't even talk to you at the party, it was her friend supposedly overreacting to your shyness. So if you message her you'll know if she actually dislikes you or if you're the one who's presuming that she must not based on some trifling profile changes.

After you talk to her online a bit, I think you'll thank yourself if you ask to see her again and catch up in person. ;)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Me thinks you are analyzing this way too much. It might be that she likes you or not--but how will you know for sure or way or the other? And what do you have to lose? Ask her.

And btw! Hey why don't you give that other girl that likes you a chance! I mean maybe if you got to know her you might like her. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked her to be my friend and I also apologized for what happened 10 years ago. Told her I have never really made a friend and never really have talked much to anyone. She seems to want to be my friend.

I think I will ask the other gal that likes me out. This brings another question though. Where do I go now? What do I say to her? What is good thing to do for a date? I never have dated anyone. I am clueless.

·
beech plees
1,290 Posts
Place to have a nice cup of coffee or a dessert bar? Movie? It's best to keep it casual and have some other activity on hand to talk about. Also, it'd be best to give her options - ask her where she wants to go, and if she says she doesn't know give her the choices you've thought of so she can pick one.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Keep it real casual and light - like, "hey, the new Ice Age just came out - wanna go see it with me?" then, "if you want we could catch a cup of coffee after or go to an ice cream."

Go for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts