Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an 19-year old student, and my first semester in physiotherapy is not at all what I expected. I never wanted to be a physiotherapist but if I completed my degree, I could have become an acupuncturist, which I find very interesting.

I only like anatomy, and i'm not interested in physics, chemistry, statistics.. Basically, I can't do another 2.5 years like this. My exams are going terrible, I just don't know what to do.

I wanted a job where people would come to me for help. Helping people makes me so happy and gives me strenght in life. That's one of the reasons why I wanted to do acupuncture, because of the wonders it can do to your body.

I have been very interested in things like meditation, and the buddhist culture. It is so inspiring, and it made me realize that there is so much more in life than most of us see. I want to learn about life, I want to have a lot of understanding in life. I have played with the idea of becoming a buddhist monk, as strange as it may sound to you, but the more I look into it, the more it speaks to me.

I'm only 19 and I'm so confused. I want to be in touch with people or else I would become depressed. That is one of the reasons why I like university, you can meet new people everyday.

What to do next year or next semester?

Maybe some of you can give me some feedback/advice?
It would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think you sort of need to be a qualified healthcare practitioner before you can branch out and do an alternative medicine. Have you considered the psychological side of helping people?

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked into it, after you've got your degree is physiotherapy/nursery/medicine.. you can go study acupuncture. I don't like my courses, with one exception.
I have been thinking about learning shiatsu massage, and other things like that, because I know that such things can be a huge relieve for people with physical and/or psychological issues. I just don't want to rush it, because it is a pretty important decission.

I know in what direction I want to go, but that's it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts