Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its great to be an A's fan after starting the season 17-32 since may 30th they are 43-16 unbelievable, and whats even more impressive they are doing it with a bunch of young no names. People really need to give Billy Beane(A's GM) a lot of credit. btw the A's are 61-56 now and are leading the wildcard and are 1 game from leading the west where as they used to be 14 games back in june

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, it is quite amazing. I had pretty much given up on the A's earlier in the season but I still watched the games hoping they would turn around. Now they are playing so good. It's really hard to believe that they started off so crappy.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey man, if they keep the Yankees out of the playoffs I'll donate money myself to their payroll next year.

:lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wish I could say the same about my Padres. They had a rough April, were brilliant in May winning 22 out of 28 games. Since June first they've had the worst record in baseball. D'OH!

rb27 said:
Hey man, if they keep the Yankees out of the playoffs I'll donate money myself to their payroll next year.
:lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but the nl west is awful I am almost positive the padres will make the playoffs they will probably have another hot streak again

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree. The bats have been coming alive on this road trip, scoring over 30 runs in 4 games, but aside from Jake Peavy the starting pitching has been somewhat shaky lately. If this team is going to make a run in the playoffs we need to get Adam Eaton back from injury and have him pitching the way he was before he got injured (he was 9-2 before his injury). I was disappointed the management didn't make a bigger effort to get a good starting pitcher before the trade deadline. Instead the organization settled for more mediocrity with Pedro Astacio and Chan Ho Park, eh. The bullpen has been the strong point for the Padres all year, they're a little banged up right now, but we should get Chris Hammond and Rudy Seanz back soon.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
While you guys are talking about the Padres, they made a pretty odd move in my opinion...They came into the trade deadline looking for hitting, but they traded away Phil Nevin (whose still capable of being a good hitter, imo) for pitching in Chan Ho Park. It just seems odd because they went in almost a complete opposite direction from their true needs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
After Nevin turned down the trade to Baltimore, things got really ugly between Nevin and the organization. Kevin Towers, the Padres General Manager bashed Nevin in an article in the local newspaper. In the locker room he was becoming a big distraction as well with some players wishing he would leave and others wanting him to stay. At that point, the organization would have traded Nevin for a bag of baseballs lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
kingkoopa said:
People really need to give Billy Beane(A's GM) a lot of credit.
Definetely. He is why I like the A's(I don't consider myself a fan really, but they are the team I like most behind the Astros). They're only 1 game behind the Angels now, and 3.5 in the Wild Card.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Yeah, losing two out of three to Cleveland with so few games left is amazing! :)

Actually, they have had a good turnaround, but being a Clevelander, I'm rooting for them and the Yanks to lose every night. Either that or have the White Sox lose 7 more games than the Indians out of the remaining games, which would give Cleveland the Central, which is a long shot.

Cleveland has had almost as amazing a turnaround. They had a really bad start of the season, and they have the majors-best 30-11 record since 7/31.

Brian

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey, that's funny cuz I am rooting for the Indians and Yankees to lose every night. But what I am really hoping for, is all 3 second place teams knocking out the first place teams and let them fight over the wild card. Now that would be really cool.

brimontz said:
Yeah, losing two out of three to Cleveland with so few games left is amazing! :)

Actually, they have had a good turnaround, but being a Clevelander, I'm rooting for them and the Yanks to lose every night. Either that or have the White Sox lose 7 more games than the Indians out of the remaining games, which would give Cleveland the Central, which is a long shot.

Cleveland has had almost as amazing a turnaround. They had a really bad start of the season, and they have the majors-best 30-11 record since 7/31.

Brian

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
nitarose2 said:
Hey, that's funny cuz I am rooting for the Indians and Yankees to lose every night. But what I am really hoping for, is all 3 second place teams knocking out the first place teams and let them fight over the wild card. Now that would be really cool.
That would be interesting. I can't stand the Yankees or Red Sox, so it's kind of pick your poison there. But I do prefer the A's to the Angels.

Brian

·
Registered
196 Posts
brimontz said:
nitarose2 said:
That would be interesting. I can't stand the Yankees or Red Sox, so it's kind of pick your poison there. But I do prefer the A's to the Angels.

Brian
Yeah, I don't like the Yankees or Red Sox either but I would rather the Yankees go on.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
nitarose2 said:
brimontz said:
nitarose2 said:

Brian
Yeah, I don't like the Yankees or Red Sox either but I would rather the Yankees go on.
You might be right. The Red Sox might be the only team I like less than the Yankees. Actually, Notre Dame football is the lowest rung on the sports ladder for me, followed by the BoSox and the Yanks.

However, I do think the Sox this year would be easier to beat in the playoffs than the Yankees, going by how each team is playing of late.

Kind of like who would other teams rather face right now, the White Sox, with a better record overall but struggling over the past few weeks, or the Indians, who have the best record in baseball since the end of July?

I'd rather avoid the hot hand in the post season.

Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts