Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having played rugby, I'd say rugby league Have had bruises, sprains, concussions, broken bones, torn hamstrings, dislocated vertebrae.....

I've heard ice-hockey and grid-iron can be pretty brutal but looks like you have good protection eg. head-gear. Still I imagine that helmet becomes a kind of weapon if aimed at you...

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I think field hockey is bloody dangerous. Swinging wooden sticks around and smacking a very hard ball head height with the only protection being some shin pads and a mouth guard? Nuts.

Rugby as you have experienced is up there too:

And every winter olympic sport.....

Oh and these guys are nuts too, broken bones galore:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, all the contact sports like rugby, american football and hockey. As for which is the most dangerous:

Rugby/aussie football: the least amount of protection
Hockey: the fastest speeds
American football: the biggest and strongest players + high intensity because of the short plays

·
Moron
4,621 Posts

^ Just a warning for the squeamish, lots of blood. Malarchuk had his carotid artery severed but survived. Happened again recently with Richard Zednik.

I tried watching the Malarchuk incident aga...... *faints*

I saw it live on tv when I was a teen and shook for the whole night.

Hockey is up there, even though the impacts aren't as bad as rugby or American football.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Football has to be up there for the sheer amount of brain damage.

And actually, soccer/futbol isn't as safe as it appears for the same reason.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

^ Just a warning for the squeamish, lots of blood. Malarchuk had his carotid artery severed but survived. Happened again recently with Richard Zednik.

I tried watching the Malarchuk incident aga...... *faints*

I saw it live on tv when I was a teen and shook for the whole night.

Hockey is up there, even though the impacts aren't as bad as rugby or American football.
Carotid!! My God! Like a horror movie!
You'd have to abandon the game after something like that, surely.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts