Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a junior in high school. I don't have any friends...I never have....I'm so lonely...I'm all alone. I hate it. However, I feel that there is a glimmer of hope. There are a select few that don't seem to completely help me...I think. They actually say hi to me, and I've even had small discussions with some of them. But...its too small....its hardly a conversation....I want to approach them...but...I can't....I know that I have to if I want to end this loneliness....I know that "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality" (Yes I'm quoting Richter Abend from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World / Knight of Ratatosk.) But...I just can't make myself do it. I'm too shy. They'd probably hate me for it....It would look so weird if I suddenly say took a seat near them at lunch (Most of them coincidently sit a few seats down from me).....Although one asked me to sit by her and her friends (Who I've made "small talk" if you will, with) at lunch. However, the period had ended. How should I approach them? What should I do? I'm so torn. I don't want to ruin this potentially good thing and make an *** out of myself. But I also don't want this opprotunity to slip through my fingers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is the tough stuff, ML.
I'm not the greatest at this either- but do you have classes with any of them? maybe try to talk to one of them at a time. Do you have common interests or hobbies? Maybe try to keep the convos brief at first - like in the halls between classes - so you can have an easy exit strategy and neither one of you feels cornered.
It sounds like they are open to the idea of you as someone they want to get to know since they've talked to you and one has askes you to sit with them. Try not to over think it - sometimes it works when you just dive it. You can do it! Love yourself and believe in yourself. Good luck!

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
During lunch sit a little bit closer to them each day. Make it your goal to sit close enough to where you're in normal talking range, and then let them initiate the introduction. Who knows, they may ask you to sit by them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts