Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between a family and friends? Your family unconditionally loves you. That means that they would love you no matter what you did or what happens to you. Friends are of a different breed. They are diverse and come with many different traits. They will understand you when your family does not. Sometimes family members might understand people with SA more. But usually more often than not friends will keep you company or try to be by your side if something is the matter.

Families also try to keep you focused on the long term goals. They are the ones who get you from here to there. Families will knock some realism in you when you don't have any and they will be very critical of you if you do something serious or if you are off track in life. Family members are bound to be overly critical of you if you do something wrong so... At least in my experience so that's why I usually tell my family very little about my social life.

I just used to be one of those people that felt that I didn't need friends because I love my family and my Dad was my best friend a one point in time. I still talk to him though he lives in San Fransisco... And I used to go go the movies with my Mom a lot till I found one of my friends that I like to see movies with this last year.

So... Ehhh family members are cool but they aren't a substitute for friends. Family members will love you no matter what. But it is a cool and special feeling to have friends that will be there for you and will care for you where you are.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Yep. I need those friends who I can just talk to and relate to :no. Also, just to point out: Friends aren't a substitute for family either. I know you probably know that already, I just wanted that to be said :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts