·
Administrator
8,887 Posts
Restaurants and hospitals.

·
Terminator
13,160 Posts
Restaurants and hospitals.
I am much better at restaurants now, but I can still get anxious sometimes if it noisy and I can't hear myself talk. Hospitals are okay too, but I certainly don't blame you for being anxious in those. Lots of sick people around.

·
Failure's Art
1,924 Posts
Conference calls where I have to talk to the group. I would rather endure significant levels of physical pain for the entire length of the call rather than have to talk for even 60 seconds.

·
Super Moderator
33,695 Posts
Doctors
Jobs
Interviews
Life
Phone calls
Answering the door
Checking the mail
Taking out trash
Walking towards other people
Any kind of appointments. Doesn't matter what it is
People having any kind of expectations of what I should be doing at any given moment
Being asked about anything personal by people who don't know me at all

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Having to speak to a crowd/group that I'm not familiar with. Individuals are largely fine for me, but groups always draw out people's innate cruelty and stupidity, I find.

Speaking on the phone in general.

Video calls, conferences: oh hell no. You could promise to pay me a year's worth of my income and I'd still have to think long and hard whether to go through with a 5-minute session of one of these. I think I have a legit phobia of webcams and you better believe that taping it up is the first thing I do when I get a new machine.

·
SUS Member
10,521 Posts
Working a sales floor and approaching every customer to upsell a promotion.

Video calls.

Using public restrooms.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,807 Posts
Conference calls where I have to talk to the group. I would rather endure significant levels of physical pain for the entire length of the call rather than have to talk for even 60 seconds.
I've said pretty much exactly this about speaking in front of groups of people in any way. Given the choice between either for equal amounts of time I would 100% rather have cigarettes put out on my feet.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Restaurants or public transport where I'm sat close enough that I feel like other people might be listening to me talk to whoever I'm with.

·
customusertitle
740 Posts
new people / environments.
Anything I don't do daily or weekly becomes very hard very easily.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Being left alone at a party or with someone I barely know and isn't giving me much feedback.

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
Public speaking for me - having to talk in front of a class or just generally give a speech. I have to be seriously medicated to do that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mostly any type of social scenarios. The one exception to this is if I'm in a quiet place with not many people around - preferably only one or two that I know well.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
making decisions. Sometimes there are too many choices, it warps my mind. I feel it'll make me unpopular with people.

Also, asking strangers for things. like making a booking on the phone, for example.

·
Just a bit stitious
3,642 Posts
Phone calls of any kind

Sitting in the breakroom at work

Meetings/team building activities at work

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
Places I feel trapped in or obligated to stay with others in close proximity, performance anxiety I guess, making conversation, how much eye contact, physical contact, queues, checkouts, feeling pressure to maintain a certain level of social etiquette while eating etc

All the overthinking madness :).. sometimes I can contain it so it's nothing more than gale force, sometimes it becomes a spiral demon tornado.

·
alien monk
8,442 Posts
things that actually make me anxious are things I can't avoid. like a flatmates birthday party that i dont know about and stumble into. and being forced to do things like work interactions. also things that I've wanted to do regardless of anxiety like dating, or going to a meetup. I used to feel obligated to do things with family like xmas etc but i dont feel obligated anymore and it was always fairly awful.

there are a lot of things that I avoid but are fine when I actually do them.

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,579 Posts
One on one conversations with acquaintances who I won't be able to get away from (like neighbors).

Parties, doctors, dentists, school or work... but I'm safely away from all of that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts