Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,992 Posts
I only ever had minor parts I think, and I can't remember most of them now. They often wouldn't give me bigger parts even though I wanted them because of my anxiety (teachers were rarely very supportive when I was growing up.) One time though when I was about 6 or so, I had the role of wise man's assistant (which is not even a thing hilariously, they had to invent stuff to fill in spots,) but then a kid was sick so I got to be one of three wise men which I still remember because I was really excited by the promotion. Though I can't remember which one I was now lol.

I stopped trying to get involved in school plays after age 11 (when they actually had proper plays, doubt I would have gotten parts lol) when I went into secondary school, along with most extracurricular activities because of worsening mental health, abuse and teenagers in general being well:

Really liked the idea of acting, but it's difficult when you have mental health issues that prevent you from competing with people who don't have those issues.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
School play ? Is that mandatory in schools ? In my country it isn't.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,871 Posts
I've never been in a school play.

·
Self isolating from self
3,012 Posts
I played an elf in a grade school Christmas play. I didn't have any speaking lines, but I had to sing in choir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts