Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious as to what there is.

isn't cough syrup one of them, DXM i think?
what else is there!

·
Registered
73 Posts
antihistimines-

diphenhydramine
doxylamine succinate

nootropics-

phenibut
picamilon

herbs or pro drugs-

5htp
L-theanine
pharma gaba
valerian
kava kava

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
i dont even know much about it im just guessing lol
if it gets you high at high doses then lower - moderate doses = ?
That is a good question, I do know that it's not healthy in high doses. Best bet for OTC would be anti histamines or kava kava.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a good question, I do know that it's not healthy in high doses. Best bet for OTC would be anti histamines or kava kava.
it sucks that kava isnt 'legal' here unless you import it when you visit another country

anti histamines...ive tried the one for sleep, unisom but it didnt seem that good, i only used it for sleep though never for anxiety

any other anti H's?

·
Registered
271 Posts
just curious as to what there is.

isn't cough syrup one of them, DXM i think?
what else is there!
Cough syrup works cause of the alcohol in it.

Just drink a beer, wine or liquor. They're OTC and easily available.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cough syrup works cause of the alcohol in it.

Just drink a beer, wine or liquor. They're OTC and easily available.
i didnt know syrup had any alcohol or enough to effect you?

anyway i do drink but thats before i go for a night out, the reason why i don't do it often is because if i drink a little too much my eyes get really red and i get asked if im high haha

so i gotta be careful with how much i take if i dont want red eyes, my dad gets it too

·
Registered
271 Posts
i didnt know syrup had any alcohol or enough to effect you?

anyway i do drink but thats before i go for a night out, the reason why i don't do it often is because if i drink a little too much my eyes get really red and i get asked if im high haha

so i gotta be careful with how much i take if i dont want red eyes, my dad gets it too
Ive used Clear Eyes (eye drops) twice a day everyday for the past 8 yrs and I don't use any drugs. I just use them because it makes my eyes super white and makes them feel better

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-alcohol-content-of-regular-cough-syrup

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive used Clear Eyes (eye drops) twice a day everyday for the past 8 yrs and I don't use any drugs. I just use them because it makes my eyes super white and makes them feel better
damn every day? thats really bad for your eyes but i agree, it feels and looks great.

i got allergys which makes my eyes red and im taking eyedrops for that so i can't take eye whitening ones for awhile, sometimes they get really bloodshot

im getting immunotherapy (allergy injections) to get rid of the red eyes and its working, surprisingly the other night when i was drunk they werent very red. hmmm

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
20 20 vision says different.
i wasnt talking about your vision
i mean just in general, when you stop you might get rebound effect eg red eyes , dry eyes etc

but if you dont get any of that then thats really good

·
Registered
271 Posts
i wasnt talking about your vision
i mean just in general, when you stop you might get rebound effect eg red eyes , dry eyes etc

but if you dont get any of that then thats really good
If ive been using it for 8 yrs then there's a pretty good chance that I have no plans of stopping.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
i dont even know much about it im just guessing lol
if it gets you high at high doses then lower - moderate doses = ?
you've got 4 different levels (plateaus) of intoxication on dxm I think. It's unique because the experience changes completely once you hit a certain higher dose. I drank 50ml which is plateau 1 and the effects were a bit of changed perception to sound and vision, like I was a little bit stoned. Not much relaxation though at that dose. I think a plateau 2 dose would be better. Though dumping all that sugar onto your pancreas is not a good idea and make sure the only active ingrediant is dxm otherwise you can make yourself very very sick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts