Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-What mp3 player do u own
-how would you rate it/how do you like it?
-what features does it have

I have a trancend mp850

·
Registered
364 Posts
Creative Zen: Vision M

I rate it a 9/10. I payed 200$ for it. 30 gb harddrive, video player, voice recorder. One of the best things I've ever purchased after my computer. It gets hours of use every day. I've listened to dozens of audiobooks and thousands of hours of music and other stuff. It even plays video as well.

My only complaints is it doesn't support more formats

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
i have apple ipod classic 160gb 5th generation black

rate it 10 being best
video, audio, photos, just the right size to keep syncing music, movies, and pictures.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I had a Creative Zen. I bought it a while ago. It was nice for a while until it stopped wanting to connect to my computer even after I did a soft and hard reset of it.

I was given an iPod Shuffle (2nd gen) for winning some math question thing (Otherwise I probably wouldn't buy one). It's actually really nice. It connects right up to my computer without having to install any additional software and I was able to just drag and drop music to it in my music player on my PC (Banshee). It's only 1GB, but that's all I need. It's really light and has a clip built onto it, so it will work nice for walks/jogging.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
1. I have a Sandisk Clip 8 GB

2. When I first bought it, I would have probably given it an 8.5. Now, I'd give it about a 5 because it has a playback pitch problem (not even really perceptible to me but still) and Sandisk hasn't even bothered to release a new firmware for it or communicate to their customers (who have asked repeatedly) whether or not they even intend to try and fix it.

3. It has most of the features I'd want in an MP3 player but 8 gigs really isn't enough for me. It has pretty good sound quality, although it barely drives my Sennheiser headphones to acceptable volume on a lot of material. I like the battery a lot. It lasts a good while. If I charge it up and put the player away for a month, the battery will be at almost exactly the same level when I decide to use it again.

Anyway, I wish I hadn't bought it. I was trying to save money. I should have just bought an iPod with video capability and a huge capacity. Or any of the better players. I kind of don't like Apple or their products. They're nice enough products, I guess but I think they're way overpriced for what they are. A company the size of Apple could offer their customers a much better deal.

I always try to save money and I always lose. It would actually be a remarkable little player if the pitch issue was fixed and maybe if it had been made a bit larger with the option to use an expansion card.

·
Registered
867 Posts
i have a samsung yp-t7z 1gb player w/color screen for 4+ years now. I give it a 9.7 out of 10.
i have dropped it so many times even on concrete and it keeps working without a hitch. and the casing is very scratch resistant. its so durable and scratch resistant that i have neglected making sure i don't drop it. i use it quite often and the battery is still decent life.
-.3 because the screen is not very viewable in direct sunlight.

one cool feature i use to use on the mp3 was the fm tuner where you can set the mp3 player to automatically turn on at a certain time say 7am record something from fm radio and then turn its self off automatically at 9am.

my sony cd player which was not that cheap died on me in less than a year with much less abuse than this mp3 player.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
I have a Meizu mini 8Gb player. It replaced a 2nd generation ipod I used to have, and I was absolutely amazed at how long the battery lasted. I use it in my car normally, and I could go maybe 1 month without ever charging the thing. It has some annoying quirks like some random shutdowns, and inability to categorize songs with ID3v2. But it was cheap, and it hasn't broken down even though I treat it like **** and toss it around all the time. It also starts emitting this strange buzzing sound like its about to explode when I charge it for too long, but so far, it hasn't exploded so... I give it an 8/10.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
16G iPod Touch. It's one of the older ones though I bought the software update. I really like it as I can't live without my music. I haven't downloaded any apps because they just seem pretty pointless to me, except a dictionary app. I always need a dictionary.

·
The way out is through.
171 Posts
2nd generation ipod touch 16gb. It's perfect, except I have about 17 GB of music so it's a bit too small, especially with all the apps, videos, etc. I hate having to choose what to leave out. I'm going to eliminate it and get a 32 GB iPhone soon if all goes well. :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
A sony wega 1 gb I got for my birthday last year. I mainly use it for exercising so it does the job.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Ipod touch (32gb)

It's awesome, mainly because I plug it straight into my car sterio and then play all my music in the car, tooooooooo good.

Don't use apps much though since I only really use ot for music now, but when I was catching the train to uni every day last year it was great cus I could play games and watch movies etc.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have an 8GB iPod Touch. I like it very much. I use it mainly for music, and for internet when I can't be bothered to switch my computer on. I have a dictionary app for finding out what words mean, and a finger-painting app to stave away boredom.

I also have a 30GB iPod classic which can hold my entire music collection, along with a few videos and photos.

When I go out and feel like taking some music with me, which is most of the time, I'll take one depending on what I feel like listening to. The iPod touch is more lightweight though, so that usually wins out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
16g iPhone

It's as good as any other MP3 player I guess. Got my first mp3 player in like 1998, 11~ years later they're still basically the same but with more space.

·
Finding my way
1,932 Posts
I have a turquoise iPod nano 3rd generation. It's got 8Gb of storage so it holds about 1500 songs, but my music collection has around 5000 songs so I'd like to get a bigger one someday. Also love that it plugs directly into my stereo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts