Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering what positive movies you guys saw and liked. I just saw "Real women have curves" tonight and it was really good. Has ne one else seen it? :blah

·
Registered
247 Posts
scaredstiff said:
i was just wondering what positive movies you guys saw and liked. I just saw "Real women have curves" tonight and it was really good. Has ne one else seen it? :blah
mmm i found the movie "pay it forward" pretty inspiring but really sad..
i watch comedy's so ..? lol.. inspiring they're not...
eurotrip rocks and mean girls but eurotrip more

·
Registered
2 Posts
Garden State
Butterfly Effect
Requiem for a Dream

I'm sure I can think of some more...

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
What The Bleep Do We Know? is the best movie ever. It's the reason I started working on getting myself better. It just rocks in every way :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
scaredstiff said:
^ That's a good movie. :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Legally Blonde- I find it inspiring on how her attitude was,and how she went from not fitting in to being president of her class, anyways, it just makes me feel good.

Stuck on You

Homeless to Harvard: The Liz Murray story, because it shows how far determination can lead you.

Most movies inspire me one way or another thought, but these are the "leaders"

·
Registered
370 Posts
Good Will Hunting - Will learns to let go of what is holding him back.

GI Jane - Playing rough with the boys.

Gandhi - Amazing transformation and real life story. Gandhi seems to have had SAD in his younger years from what I could tell reading about him.

The Karate Kid - A repeating theme is there is more than appears on the surface.

Rocky - Winning isn't everything, but playing to win is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Antwone Fisher (inspiring)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know I may get flack for this since it was such a controversal movie, but "The Passion of the Christ" was very inspirational to me, but not quite for the same reasons as it was for most.

Even though I don't believe most church doctrine, seeing the Jesus character brutally tortured because he dared challenge the religious establishment made me appreciate the religious freedom we enjoy today. I hope that we will continue to be tolerant of others' belief systems and we don't give creedence to people like Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson who believe only Christians are entitled to human rights.

I also decided that if he knew he was going to go through tremendous suffering and still chose to follow his mission, I would look upon my day to day trials, however painful at times, as part of my life's work as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
These are movies that I find really hit me inside

Fight Club
Groundhog Day
Redemption (the one with Jamie Foxx not the other one)
The Tao Of Steve

I know there are others but i can't think of them right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fight Club
Blazing Saddles (ok, not so much inspiring as crazily funny) :lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
"life" is a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat movie, and this movie I watched recently, "Once were warriors" its about this aboriginal family, I cried so much, but the ending was so inspiring, its not like any movie I've ever seen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A good one for people who are not assertive in social situations : anger management... plus Jack Nicholson is one of my fav. actors ever... and so is adam sandler

·
Registered
90 Posts
The "Spongebob Squarepant's Movie."

I mean, we can find the kid in us and act like Goofy Goobers and not give a rat's patootie what others think. Wow! Talk 'bout inspirational. :banana

1 - 20 of 98 Posts