Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be honest it's okay to cry in movies. There are two scenes that will always make me cry.

1) Shawshank Redemption has multiple scenes where I will cry. The biggest one though is when Red read's the letter from Andy at the end.

2) Forrest Gump. I don't know why, but it's when Forrest gets married to Jenny. When they show Lt. Dan in the distance walking with his new leg towards the ceremony. Gets me every time. A lot of people think Forrest Gump is funny, but there are lessons to be learned from it I think.

By the way, these two movies I will ALWAYS watch alone for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's pretty hard for me shed a tear when it comes to movies. I remember when Titanic was first released and I let out a really loud laugh when the guy hit his head on the side of the ship. I got some dirty looks. Although...

There were quite a few scenes in The Green Mile and Schindlers List that made me cry
I recently saw Flowers of War and that made me cry quite a bit.
The Elephant Man got to me as well.

Other than that, I can't think of any others

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
I got choked up:

Blood Diamond: When Vandy has to talk his son down from killing Archer.

Blood Diamond: Archer wanted nothing but to leave Africa and he gets this close (to the mountain top) and dies.

Xmen First Class: Magneto unlocks his powers with the help of Professor X

Glory: The soldiers final walk to the beach, they all knew they were going to die. In the same scene Matthew brodericks character gets killed and Denzels characters grabs the flag and charges and he gets shot down too.

Last Samurai: The Final Charge where every last samurai gets gunned down.

Rocky 2: When adrian gets out of her coma and whispers in Rock's ear "Win........Win.." and Mickey goes "What are we waiting for!!!!!!!!"

The Lion King: When simba looks into the lake and realizes he looks just like his father. Also when the clouds form like his dad and tells him to "Remember who you are".

Lol, forgot to add: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: When splinter and Raphael have a heart to heart Splinter says "You will listen now. my Master Yoshi's first rule was "Possess the right thinking." Only then can one recieve the gifts of strength, knowledge, and peace. I have tried to channel your anger, Raphael, but more remains. Anger clouds the mind. Turned inward it is an unconquerable enemy. You are unique among your brothers, for you choose to face this enemy alone. But as you face it, do not forget them, and do not forget me. I am here, my son." gets to me everytime. Also the bonfire where the turtles psychically connect to splinter.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
The gym scene in Carrie....the whole movie pretty much.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got choked up:

Blood Diamond: When Vandy has to talk his son down from killing Archer.

Blood Diamond: Archer wanted nothing but to leave Africa and he gets this close (to the mountain top) and dies.

Xmen First Class: Magneto unlocks his powers with the help of Professor X

Glory: The soldiers final walk to the beach, they all knew they were going to die. In the same scene Matthew brodericks character gets killed and Denzels characters grabs the flag and charges and he gets shot down too.

Last Samurai: The Final Charge where every last samurai gets gunned down.

Rocky 2: When adrian gets out of her coma and whispers in Rock's ear "Win........Win.." and Mickey goes "What are we waiting for!!!!!!!!"

The Lion King: When simba looks into the lake and realizes he looks just like his father. Also when the clouds form like his dad and tells him to "Remember who you are".
Glory! I totally forgot about that movie. It didn't make me cry but I came close

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
American History X when Derek kills those 2 black guys,the second by stomping his head with his teeth on the curb

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Glory! I totally forgot about that movie. It didn't make me cry but I came close
lol, especially Matthew Broderick gave his writings to the photographer at the beach and said "Got some letters here, personal things. Also, if I should fall, remember what you see here."

·
Jailbait
570 Posts
Romeo and Juliet (with Leonardo DiCaprio)

I cry so hard at the end...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The end of Spider-Man 2, lol. Where Mary Jane finds out that Peter is Spider-Man, but they realise they can't be together, because it's too dangerous. :cry And then Mary Jane runs away from her wedding to see Peter at his flat, and they decide to get together after all. :cry It's so romantic!

Oh and the bit where Doctor Octopus saves everybody by drowning himself.:cry

Such a classic of the superhero genre. No really, it is. :b Some great actors in that film.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe to this day Blade Runner has been the only movie to make me shed tears. To elaborate, the final fight scene concluding in Roy's death. There's something so beautiful, so deep in that scene.. Well if you've seen the movie you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The end of Vanilla Sky always makes me incredibly sad. When he jumps off the building and it starts flashing his entire life, including pictures of him as a little boy with his mother.

·
Jailbait
570 Posts
"You wanna go tree-climbing, Thomas J.? His face hurts! And where are his glasses?! He can't see without his glasses! Put his glasses on! Put on his glasses! He was gonna be an acrobat!" lol

YES. I cry everytime.

·
Terminator
13,336 Posts
Let's see...

Lord Of The Rings:

1) When Gandalf is fighting the fire-demon in the Mines of Moria and dies in the first film...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Omg im such a cry baby anyway but what always makes me cry

The death of Phoebe Forrester(not a movie but always makes me cry)
Hachi...from the first second to the last now i hate it
Lion king 2 when they are banning the lion with the weird eye
Georgia Rule
Ending of Annie
Ending of Tristan & Isolde
The parent trap
Cermin/Mirror

And 1000s of others xD

1 - 20 of 32 Posts