Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides medication and cognitive therapy, how did you think overcome your anxiety? What specificy things did you do to begin on the path to a better life?
...Think positively, stop getting down on yourself, etc?

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I am changing a great deal of beliefs about myself and the world that are tremenodulsy helping me overcome SA.

The main things I am changing are that I am now having more confidence in myself, not caring about what others think about me, and realizing I am just as good as everyone else and desrve to belong. I am also now able to put myself in social situations that I would have been too scared to put myself through in my past (and actually starting to enjoy them!).

·
Banned
728 Posts
Having confidence in myself, not caring about what others think about me, realizing I am just as good as everyone else and desrve to belong, and being able to put myself in social situations that I would normally be to scared to put myself in.
I tried using chat on the site, and its too hard. Lots of people talking gibberish, and its like high school level chat. It upsets me how diffficult it is to be able to talk with them :(

·
Registered
371 Posts
I try to always stay positive no matter how bad of a day I'm having. I always tell myself that everyone has problems and all the negative ideas that people are judging me, are just in my head. I try to get out more and I'm even learning how to drive. I make sure that I have a motive to keep going and that is my goal in life. I wish to have a great career and have a family and just be "normal".. That is my motive so that I can be happy. We all have goals in life and we cannot give up on them or let SAD get in the way anymore!!!! I believe that as long as you keep fighting it, you will reach your goal and overcome SA. So I really wish everyone good luck and I hope we will all be SA free.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Couple months ago I discovered this totally new method for very difficult situations... When I'm on my way, I just admit to myself "I am very afraid, I am terrified. I fear that others will leave me all alone, that I'm not enough. I fear that others will see my awkwardiness. I am nervous, BUT IT IS ALRIGHT. I AM OKAY." Before, I just used to tell myself the capitalized part, but this somehow gets me much more relaxed...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i try to act more mature. when i get anxious i always think of a scared little middleschooler and i say to myself "thats not me. your a junior. act like it!" I make sure to calm myself, lift my head up, and just try to stay calm, relaxed, collected, and mature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.