Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not to make this too long , I still want to give you a history of what i have tried for my SA and depression. Started 13 yeas ago on paxil. from there ive been on almost all the ssri's and remeron, cymbalta, 5ht. heres how they worked for me.

Paxil- worked great for sa and depression, felt like a brainless zombie though
Zoloft- made SA worse but still a good one for depression
Lexapro- very good, was on it 4 years. gained weight, got lazy and numb ok for SA
Remeron- Best med ever for SA, but you are tired and hungry all the time
luvox cr- didnt help much
cymbalta- good experiance, helped SA alot! insomnia, inability to orgasim stuck around
5ht- worked pretty great actually but think it poop out
kava kava- ok but not great
kolonopine- mindless zombie and dumb

So after all that i decided to make a cocktail of my own. I now take wellbutrion 150xl and going up to 300mg today. I take 10mg's paxil and a kolonopin as needed.

I like this combo because the wellbutrion makes me happy and talkative. Coupled with the paxil it does really well for me. I'll usually take a klonopine if I cant sleep but its not often. With out the paxil, I would be way too jittery and have lots of anxiety.My mind is clear and I can think of lots of things to say unlike before. im a dopamine junckie! lol
So for anyone that thinks there ssri/snri makes you feel numb like you are just going through the motions without emoitions, then talk to your doc about wellbutrion. its my new favorite drug, or at least until that new one comes out which hits all 3 nurotransmitters with one pill and no side effects =)

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I have tried every med I am almost sure of it. I am sick of trying meds and going through the side effects and all that bs. The smarty pants told me I have the best that is available so I am seriously considering self medicating on occasion. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

·
My head looks huge...
78 Posts
Hmm. That's an interesting combination. I've taken a lot of different meds, myself. I think a recent combination of Wellbutrin and Luvox worked the best for me, and I took Klonopin occasionally (incidentally, this was not even for my Social Anxiety, but for another phobia that I won't go into detail about). I took Paxil when I was 12, and it landed me in a childrens' mental facility :/
I've come off of the meds in the past 2 weeks, though, and for the first time in almost 10 years, I feel rather liberated. I guess medication isn't for everyone. But it's great that it's working for you :) Wellbutrin really can be quite effective.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have tried every med I am almost sure of it. I am sick of trying meds and going through the side effects and all that bs. The smarty pants told me I have the best that is available so I am seriously considering self medicating on occasion. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.
Self-medicating definitely allows you to get the most "cutting edge" treatment. There are quite literally thousands of different chemicals you can take.

One cocktail I've been interested in recently is buprenorphine with tolerance-beating supplements (magnesium glycinate, proglumide, theanine, etc.). Buprenorphine activates the same receptors as heroin, but also blocks a receptor with mood depressant qualities. Tolerance can be blocked, meaning your first buzz is as good as your last. The result is an antidepressant several orders of magnitude greater in effect than SSRIs and the like, which can be taken indefinitely, whenever, wherever. I read on another forum some guy saying Nardil + Lyrica + buprenorphine cured his SA.

Magnesium blocks tolerance to stimulants (Adderall, etc.) as well. I'd say it is an absolute necessity if you take dopaminergic ADHD drugs. I would also bet money on it making the 2 week Parnate buzz last forever. You have to get a decently absorbable form of magnesium, not any of the crap they sell in vitamin shops. Magnesium glycinate is the "gold standard" of magnesium products, and you can take a proper dose without the "diarrhoeal effect".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I remember when i came off lexapro after 4 years of being on it. after it was out of my system i felt great! no SA or depression at all, but it all eventualy started to come back slowly. I would start blushing alot and getting sad all the time and nervous. I was a wreck so I went back on meds.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Self-medicating definitely allows you to get the most "cutting edge" treatment. There are quite literally thousands of different chemicals you can take.

One cocktail I've been interested in recently is buprenorphine with tolerance-beating supplements (magnesium glycinate, proglumide, theanine, etc.). Buprenorphine activates the same receptors as heroin, but also blocks a receptor with mood depressant qualities. Tolerance can be blocked, meaning your first buzz is as good as your last. The result is an antidepressant several orders of magnitude greater in effect than SSRIs and the like, which can be taken indefinitely, whenever, wherever. I read on another forum some guy saying Nardil + Lyrica + buprenorphine cured his SA.

Magnesium blocks tolerance to stimulants (Adderall, etc.) as well. I'd say it is an absolute necessity if you take dopaminergic ADHD drugs. I would also bet money on it making the 2 week Parnate buzz last forever. You have to get a decently absorbable form of magnesium, not any of the crap they sell in vitamin shops. Magnesium glycinate is the "gold standard" of magnesium products, and you can take a proper dose without the "diarrhoeal effect".
Thank you so much for your knowledge. Can you please list in a bullet point fashion what I need and where to get it. Are these vitamins or is it liquid? I apologize for being so picky but I really need it simplified as much as possible.
Thanks sir.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Thank you so much for your knowledge. Can you please list in a bullet point fashion what I need and where to get it. Are these vitamins or is it liquid? I apologize for being so picky but I really need it simplified as much as possible.
Thanks sir.
Magnesium can be bought at any vitamin store, like GNC or whatever it is over there, or online. There are several different forms of magnesium, and they vary in how much absorbs in your GI tract. The more that doesn't absorb, the more you're gonna have in your bowels (which isn't nice). Glycinate is a very good form, malate is decent too, citrate is okay but not good enough in my opinion, and oxide is terrible. Just have a google to see which are best.

Dosage: I'd say 500-800 elemental magnesium, taken 3 or more times per day (elemental is listed on the bottle, not the same as magnesium + the other element). You should also supplement about 1/2 the amount with calcium, available from the same places (this is to keep the calcium:magnesium ratio sweet).

I might recommend L-theanine and huperzine A too (both are supplements), as they have a similar effect to magnesium on NMDA receptors (which are involved in forming tolerance). Online really is easiest for this kinda stuff.

Buprenorphine is illegal, but prescribed for opioid addict maintenance. Would have to be obtained illegally, unless you are a smack addict. I'm not gonna post how it would be obtained on the internet.

The other stuff for opioid tolerance (proglumide/lorglumide, ultra low-dose naltrexone) can be bought on the internet. I've heard of people having very good results with ultra low-dose naltrexone and opioids.

If you're self-medicating there's so much to try, but low-dose amisulpride would also be my recommendation due to its ability to block dopamine autoreceptors. Also, pramipexole.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The way I see it, if reincarnation is true and we have been all manner of creatures before now, this life is a one-in-a-million opportunity with us being able to directly modify our own consciousness to better states, and I plan to make the most of it. After all, I could wake up one day as a ****in' rat.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Ok wow that took a lot for me to process that. I am going to go to the vitamin store and get the stuff you suggested. The illegal stuff is not an option for me as it would compromise my morals. Thank you for your knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts