Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I have social anxiety , mild depression ( i suspect it is depression) and problems with motivation , memory and concentration . ( not sure if these last 3 are due to depression or may be i could have ADD) .

Which medication works for the three with fewer side effects ?

I am thinking about Mirtazapin ( remeron) and Wellbutrin (Bupropion )

What is your experience and what do you recommend ?

Thanks

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
are you pleased with your actual treatment?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you pleased with your actual treatment?
I am not on any treatement right now. 3 years ago i was on Fluxetine for social anxiety.. but it numbed me out totally. I have done some CBT and it helps a bit but the issue is that i have a big problem with Motivation , memmory & concentration that is affecting my work . I feel i need a push besides the CBT. I am trying to find the best medication for my case.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
I think mirtazapine is a waste of time since it has actually worsended my anxiety and mood although it made me sleep well and I got enhanced sex drive from it. Try Paxil instead you should play it safe.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hello guys,

I have social anxiety , mild depression ( i suspect it is depression) and problems with motivation , memory and concentration . ( not sure if these last 3 are due to depression or may be i could have ADD) .

Thanks
if you have anxiety issues i do not think wellbutrin is a great choice. i cant speak for remeron since ive never taken it. your psychiatrist can best recommend something,most likely first line treatment would be zoloft or paxil. try to go to a well regarded psychiatrist. if you have insurance and live in the US i suggest consulting the castle-connolly reference. You can find it online or the local library

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hello guys,

Thanks
IMO zoloft is better than paxil. It worked really fast but had a day of hell when I started because my emotions were all over the place. Zoloft was a close cure for me, it caused me to shake more and I think it was because I was more open to talk to people?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMO zoloft is better than paxil. It worked really fast but had a day of hell when I started because my emotions were all over the place. Zoloft was a close cure for me, it caused me to shake more and I think it was because I was more open to talk to people?
Thanks Barry.. did you feel any difference in Motivation ? what about the feeling of bieng a zombie? did this happen to you with Zoloft?

Meedo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cymbalta is an anti-depressant

I can't imagine you needing more drugs? I took one of them and it hushed me up.:) I am starting Zoloft tonight. If this doesn't work I am going to a psychiatrist.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Through Addy, all things are possible.

·
Permanently bored
2,813 Posts
If you really do have ADHD, then stimulants are the only way to go.

How long have you had these problems? It's only likely to be ADHD if you've been like this forever (minus the depression, as that only kicks in a bit later on when the ADHD has ruined your life), as it's a congenital neurological disorder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.