Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you feel good about the kind of son or daughter you are?

• 1. Yes, I'm okay with the kind of son I am

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • 2. No, I'm not okay with the kind of son I am

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • 3. Yes, I'm okay with the kind of daughter I am

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • 4. No, I'm not okay with the kind of daughter I am

Votes: 18 18.9%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel good about the kind of son or daughter you are?

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I'm not rebelious or disrespectful and I think I'm a good person so I think I'm a good son :stu lol.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
It's not as clear cut for me - in some areas I feel good but in others I feel a total let down to my parents

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well on the plus side I never gave my parents any grief/problems/headaches over the years. A lot of kids give their parents a hard time when they are growing up rebelling and doing lots of crazy things, just being disrespectful. I never did any of that and get on with my parents extremely well, never had a fight with them ever. I'm a good son in that sense I guess.

But I vote no because I've achieved basically jack ****. Compared to my sister who has a good job, bought her own apartment, is married etc. I haven't really done anything to make them proud. Which I do feel bad about.

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
I wish, just once, I could do something to make my dad genuinely proud of me. He never pressures me or ridicules me, which only goes to show that he deserves a better son.

·
Permanently Manned!
2,894 Posts
It's not as clear cut for me - in some areas I feel good but in others I feel a total let down to my parents
im the same, i feel i let them down big time when it comes more social stuff.

But my dad is awful hard to please, in fact you couldnt please him. You could move mountains for him and he'd still find a fault. But my dads very negative and it can often feed into my self beliefs.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Depends which parent I'm with. I think I'm a good daughter to my mom, but I'm just civil to my dad so I wouldn't consider myself a good daughter to him.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I should treat my mom better. My father is no longer living.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I don't really care terribly. I still hold a big grudge against my dad and I know he holds grudges against me. (My mom died 18 years ago) We talk on the phone several times a week but my new hobby is needling him. I don't attack him but I say little insults here and there, especially about my step-monster.

He probably thinks of me as lazy and that I haven't worked hard enough. But it's not like he has ever had big expectations for me or my sister. I moved to Japan when I was 19 and he never once asked me to come back because he missed me or to finish college.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Dear god, no. I am the worst son. My mother witnessed a most flagrant, horrid transfiguration; from boundless promise to...this. Good thing she detached when she did.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Well, my mom calls me ungrateful sometimes, and I'm pretty sure shes right. I'm pretty much a failure at life, even at my young age... So I'm probably not the greatest of sons. I've probably let her down.

And I don't live with my dad, I haven't seen him in a while... If he feels anything about me though, it'd be disappointment I'd say.

So yeah. :(

·
Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT
1,006 Posts
I'm not okay with the kind of Daughter I am. I've done things and said things make me ashamed to even be alive and regret them considering they were all geared towards my Mom, who is really the only person who cares about me besides my best friend.

·
Enemy Within
1,272 Posts
Yes, although I can be really lazy at times, I am content over the fact that I didn't gave my folks a hard time most of the times.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
1. Yes, I'm okay with the kind of son I am

There is always room for improvement, but yes, I like the son I am.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts