Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started working full time as a teacher while working on my teaching license. However, I am finding that teachers are incredibly sociable people and quite honestly I feel as though I don't fit in and I'm seriously questioning whether this job is right for me.

What jobs do you think are good for people with SA?

· Registered
80 Posts
I started working full time as a teacher while working on my teaching license. However, I am finding that teachers are incredibly sociable people and quite honestly I feel as though I don't fit in and I'm seriously questioning whether this job is right for me.

What jobs do you think are good for people with SA?
i think thats kind of hard to narrow down, since it really depends on the person.

you are less likely to be anxious if you feel like you are in your element. also if you are happy/enjoy doing whatever.

so, in that regard, any job can be right.
of course a company spokesperson is going to have more social interaction than an engineer

but i think the emphasis should be finding the job that you feel comfortable doing and want to do.

· Registered
80 Posts
No, i havent. i dont have health insurance and im sure they're quite expensive. are you on any? which? does it work?
you can tell your doctor/psych that cost is an issue. they can prescribe you the generic alternative which is ALOT cheaper. i take sertraline, the generic version of zoloft.

coscto has the cheapest prescriptions and you don't have to have a membership to go to their pharmacy.

my prescription only costs me $12.56

if i didn't get the generic brand, the same drug under the known brand zoloft costs $108.36

big difference hm? :)

* i don't have health insurance either.

· Registered
74 Posts
I personally have always enjoyed the quieter, clerical jobs I've had where I work in an office. There's still meeting and greeting people, answering phones, and that sort of thing... but that's a lot better than, say, being a sales representative and talking to people constantly or working as a customer service rep where you would regularly have to deal with conflict. Maybe some people with SA who are really striving to get over their social anxieties could take these jobs on a challenge, but I would never do it.

In all honesty, I'm scared away by job ads demanding "strong communication skills."

· Banned
20,175 Posts
you can tell your doctor/psych that cost is an issue. they can prescribe you the generic alternative which is ALOT cheaper. i take sertraline, the generic version of zoloft.

coscto has the cheapest prescriptions and you don't have to have a membership to go to their pharmacy.

my prescription only costs me $12.56

if i didn't get the generic brand, the same drug under the known brand zoloft costs $108.36

big difference hm? :)

* i don't have health insurance either.
:ditto Walmart & Target have similar programs. I can get a 90-day supply of paroxetine ( generic paxil) for $10. I saw a physician assistant for my rx, and it cost me @ $80, physical exam included. I did tell her that I'd been on paxil years before, though. She took my word for it because it'd been so long that my records were no longer on file. Don't let cost stop you from getting care - let your doc know you're uninsured. Also, clinics vary in their pricing, so call around.

· Banned
20,175 Posts
^ Nah, I doubt it. You're still confined with the "flight crew", although it's rarely the same group. My very social sister is one and she's always complaining about getting stuck with "biotchy" crew members...and obnoxious passengers.

If you don't mind sharing, is that what you do? Just taking a guess based on your username.

· Registered
124 Posts
I think you can be as quiet as you like if you have an office job. That is, as long as you don't mind everyone talking about how quiet you are because office life is so gossipy. I work as a graphic artist and am alone so much I actually find myself venturing off to talk to people!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.