Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of threads on here that I see involve people and there interactions (or lack thereof) of people in the workplace.

I try to imagine what kind of jobs are being talked about. I work at wholesale book warehouse that ships internet orders (or something like that lol). Its a part time job that i work at on saturdays and during the summer. Theres alot of different people there such as other students, several immigrants from South American countries, vietnamese, temp workers etc. And I find it easy to get along with alot of people there for some reason.

just curious i guess

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
huh, must be nice not having to make the effort to find yourself a new job, like submitting applications everywhere and whatnot

·
Banned
622 Posts
I'm a full time stay at home Social anxiety Forum lurker.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Medical coder for a major health insurance company. Don't like the job itself so I plan on leaving in the fall. The company is great to work for though. I work from home twice a week, I get 3 weeks PTO a year, travel, have a corp credit card, my bosses work from another state, SA friendly (for the most time) but ironically, it's the most expensive health insurance coverage I've had to pay for.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been designated caregiver by my family. I've been taking care of my grandmother with Alzheimer's for the last eight years. I can't wait to finally start my life.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Work at a grocery store. Bag peoples grocerys at check out and bring it to their cars. Also stock shelves, have to make sure everything ready for closing, face aisles etc... pretty much everything but cashier. Hate it. going to go down to the eletric union hall and try to get a line man apprenticeship or get on as a grounds man and work my way up. Or just keep it until I can get into lineman school, after that it shouldn't be to hard to get a apprenticeship because ill have some training and my CDL plus ill move out of this area in a heart beat so that will help make the job search a little easier.

·
SAS Member
2,118 Posts
I'm in a back office role at an insurance company. As much as I hate working (mostly because of my anxiety and BDD issues), it's not really that bad as far as jobs go, especially since there is no contact with external customers.

I've done a few front office insurance claims roles before and just wasn't suited to it at all. Negotiation and conflict resolution skills are a must to succeed in those roles, and I can't negotiate or resolve conflict with customers to save my life. If an angry customer called up, I would just go to pieces. My mind would all but shut down and I'd start shaking and lose the ability to form coherent sentences. Take me away from the angry, demanding customers, put me in a role that plays to my strengths (i.e. analysing, investigating, writing reports etc), and I flourish.

Funnily enough my favourite job was working graveyard shifts at a supermarket. The pay was lousy, but I loved the hours and for some reason, unlike most people, I tended to enjoy working in a supermarket environment. Not really sure why.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I work the night shift, stocking shelves. I also work with a bunch of older guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts