Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of help would you need? Lets say hypothetically you could have any kind of help or whatever you need to overcome your SA. What would it be?

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
I want to say, a few very close friends who share my interests, and a decent emotional support system to turn to...but I don't think these would help me overcome my anxiety. I think my anxiety is just here to stay. :stu Though these things would at least help me cope a lot better and I might learn to appreciate myself more (and not be so depressed).

·
Banned
3,670 Posts
I just want to defeat my very worst enemy, myself! I want my negative cognitive thoughts to go away forever. I don't care about my job, how many friends I have, if I ever have a girlfriend or wife, ever get laid, etc. There are people with all these things and some still are miserable as I am, if not more, and even end up killing themselves.

I just want to be happy with what I have and to be at peace with myself. That is the help I want. I want to accept myself. Even what I have now, I have the ability to be happy with. I do not NEED things like friends, a girlfriend, sex, etc. to be truly happy.

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
I don't need any help. Other people just need to learn to tolerate people's differences.

·
Registered
725 Posts
To define exactly what the core issue is that my creates anxiety, so i can actually address it properly. I honestly don't think it would be difficult if i really knew, because then i would be able to put all my energy into it. My problem is going in mind loops, putting alot of energy to change something i've found a lead too but been doing it in the wrong area, so you get confused.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Some kind of invisible supernatural friend that follows me everywhere. Would advise me what to do and how to do it, talk to me and give me strength and courage, and push me to act, like grabbing my hand and leading me in the right way of dealing with situations so i won't be so apathetic and frozen. Is that too much ? :O

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well, I thought getting a job working with people would help since my first job was better than therapy. What a disaster that turned out to be. Therapy has done practically nothing for me, so I don't know.

·
electric
6,777 Posts
Some kind of invisible supernatural friend that follows me everywhere. Would advise me what to do and how to do it, talk to me and give me strength and courage, and push me to act, like grabbing my hand and leading me in the right way of dealing with situations so i won't be so apathetic and frozen. Is that too much ? :O
That is what I want too. :( I'm super feisty about my independence, but I'm also kind of a kid inside who wants someone to make things alright and guide me when I get stuck. Fundamentally I just want support! A little back up you know? It would be nice ...

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
To define exactly what the core issue is that my creates anxiety, so i can actually address it properly. I honestly don't think it would be difficult if i really knew, because then i would be able to put all my energy into it. My problem is going in mind loops, putting alot of energy to change something i've found a lead too but been doing it in the wrong area, so you get confused.
good answer!!!

Some kind of invisible supernatural friend that follows me everywhere. Would advise me what to do and how to do it, talk to me and give me strength and courage, and push me to act, like grabbing my hand and leading me in the right way of dealing with situations so i won't be so apathetic and frozen.
another good answer!!!

A girl who loves me and is supportive. The one I would like to think is made for me and I for her.
yeah, this too, definitely this too

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
I want to find peace within myself. That's all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts