Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like mostly men on this site are still virgins or have never been in relationships while most women, even the ones that are extremely shy, still have managed to get into relationships and aren't virgins.

Those that have been in relationships seem more adjusted and mentally stable----more mature and "normal"----than those who have never been. They are more worldly and knowledgeable about life.

·
Severed member
2,972 Posts
Very true. Does it suprise you? Women can be shy and timid and still land a guy. Men can only pull that off when the planets align.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you have a point. Even on this site I find myself relating to guys more. Some of us have a hard time getting into a relationship but it seems as if most women don't. SA doesn't seem to negatively impact a woman's life as much. A shy woman can still have the husband, kids, and nice house. She doesn't even have to work and can just sit at home and have her husband take care of her.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think until people get into relationships they are still children. You grow and learn with relationships. I can tell which posters are/have been in relationships simply based on their posts. They seem mentally healthier and more "normal". The one's that are married with children tend to be very mature and grown up. Married people intimidate me.

·
J. Alfred Prufrock
479 Posts
I bet this has to do with gender roles--specifically, the man pursuing the woman ideology. It seems to be the norm in many people's minds, and I guess it isn't so weird for those who don't have social issues.

Me? Never been in a relationship, had sex, or even kissed, so I can relate more to the guys here. :b

·
Registered
185 Posts
I can definitely relate more to the guys on here. I have been in a relationship, but I'm still a virgin. And as far as being a girl who's shy and quiet still getting a guy.. not happenin here. I guess where I live, being shy means your creepy. *shrugs*

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A lot of married women on this board hate me for saying this but it's true. Also, if I were married I wouldn't care what some loser like myself had to say about women in relationships. I would be enjoying my "dear husband"/"dear boyfriend"/"dear fiancé" so much I wouldn't care.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I generally agree. At least with your observation. Those that have been in relationships do seem more sure of themselves and mature. But that's expected, with experience comes knowledge and confidence. Unfortunately for me and many others here, the opposite is also true: with a lack of experience, you're less confident and less knowledgeable :no.

But I think you can be a virgin and be relationshipless and still be mature and mentally stable and balanced. I also don't think being in a relationship or having been in one makes you more mature or smarter in any way. They may have experience, but they could still be untrustworthy or give bad advice when it comes to relationships. Just because you ran in a race doesn't make you fast. And just because you didn't run that doesn't make you slow. The person that ran has more experience in racing so they might have more general knowledge about what the experience is like, but that doesn't make them fast (I hope that analogy works :um lol).

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, what's up with the phrases "DH", "DBF", "DS", etc? I know it means "Dear Husband", "Dear Son", "Dear Boyfriend", etc. but only women seem to do this. It's almost like they're bragging. I never see men type "DW" (Dear Wife). Men don't type stuff like that. I find women like to brag about their spouses and children a lot. I work with a lot of women and it get's tiring after a while.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
But I think you can be a virgin and be relationshipless and still be mature and mentally stable and balanced. I also don't think being in a relationship or having been in one makes you more mature or smarter in any way. They may have experience, but they could still be untrustworthy or give bad advice when it comes to relationships. Just because you ran in a race doesn't make you fast. And just because you didn't run that doesn't make you slow. The person that ran has more experience in racing so they might have more general knowledge about what the experience is like, but that doesn't make them fast (I hope that analogy works :um lol).
This.

Thank you for saving me the trouble haha, now I don't feel the need to write a reply.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts

·
Banned
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I generally agree. At least with your observation. Those that have been in relationships do seem more sure of themselves and mature. But that's expected, with experience comes knowledge and confidence. Unfortunately for me and many others here, the opposite is also true: with a lack of experience, you're less confident and less knowledgeable :no.

But I think you can be a virgin and be relationshipless and still be mature and mentally stable and balanced. I also don't think being in a relationship or having been in one makes you more mature or smarter in any way. They may have experience, but they could still be untrustworthy or give bad advice when it comes to relationships. Just because you ran in a race doesn't make you fast. And just because you didn't run that doesn't make you slow. The person that ran has more experience in racing so they might have more general knowledge about what the experience is like, but that doesn't make them fast

(I hope that analogy works :um lol).
I love the analogy, very thoughtful..

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for shedding light on this JupiterStarr. If a guy made this thread it would've been locked by now.

I understand your pain as well. I wish you the best.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts