Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Some ppl have issues with confidence basicly therapy or exposure is needed in those cases.
- Some ppl seem to respond to all euphoric drugs this can either be problems with reward or drug induced confidence this one is hard to figure out.
- Personally (and others too like bben) stay sa free after the comedowns indicating its not dopamine release causing sa relief on euphoric drugs making the answer to the above hard.

Idially chronic social exposure should be done before starting a drug regime (in my experience after months this induced social wanting but i still felt uncomfortable around others wich makes sense (referencing to my dopamine threads)
Also after starting a regime one wont be left with confidence, no regime can work if after it there isnt being build on confidence and exposure.

Still working on this one feel free to contribute with personal experiences

·
wifi2010012-
295 Posts
- Some ppl have issues with confidence basicly therapy or exposure is needed in those cases.
- Some ppl seem to respond to all euphoric drugs this can either be problems with reward or drug induced confidence this one is hard to figure out.
- Personally (and others too like bben) stay sa free after the comedowns indicating its not dopamine release causing sa relief on euphoric drugs making the answer to the above hard.

Idially chronic social exposure should be done before starting a drug regime (in my experience after months this induced social wanting but i still felt uncomfortable around others wich makes sense (referencing to my dopamine threads)
Also after starting a regime one wont be left with confidence, no regime can work if after it there isnt being build on confidence and exposure.

Still working on this one feel free to contribute with personal experiences
This is my social anxiety disorder how i feel. I have a job i talk to people at my job and i don't have any physical anxiety. But the thing that kills me the most are my thoughts, i forget to mention i am slow to warm up personality. And i am naturally more quiet, I am not the kind of guy who is centre of attention and will be always cracking the jokes and stuff like some extroverts do, but from time to time i will say some jokes, talk to people and stuff. The thing that kills me is that girls usually approach popular guys or easy going guys and when i see that they always get attention from girls i get so jealous feeling and i get deppressed. So even if you didn't have social anxiety you have to still find a way for girls to notice you or you search for girl who is more quiet like me. So the thing that makes me mad is why is it only that social butterflyes get all the attention from girls, even if a quiet guy is good looking it doesn't get you too far.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I definitively have low dopamine, I don't find things rewarding like other people do, if I drink a coffee or take a related stimulant than things get better.
Lol how did your doctor end up prescribing 70mg of Vyvanse if you only need 40mg?

Not sure about how large a starting dose that is, but usually I find it helpful to start at a small dose of a stimulant before increasing or you'll crash bad.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my social anxiety disorder how i feel. I have a job i talk to people at my job and i don't have any physical anxiety. But the thing that kills me the most are my thoughts, i forget to mention i am slow to warm up personality. And i am naturally more quiet, I am not the kind of guy who is centre of attention and will be always cracking the jokes and stuff like some extroverts do, but from time to time i will say some jokes, talk to people and stuff. The thing that kills me is that girls usually approach popular guys or easy going guys and when i see that they always get attention from girls i get so jealous feeling and i get deppressed. So even if you didn't have social anxiety you have to still find a way for girls to notice you or you search for girl who is more quiet like me. So the thing that makes me mad is why is it only that social butterflyes get all the attention from girls, even if a quiet guy is good looking it doesn't get you too far.
There are girls that like guys like you trust me mostly those have a very good heart too and besides you may not be the center of the attention but you can talk.

What you need to try is really try and force yourself and make smalltalks with girls and see how she reacts and try to keep on doing that youll see if something grows.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I definitively have low dopamine, I don't find things rewarding like other people do, if I drink a coffee or take a related stimulant than things get better.
I think my case is the same. I'm rather self-confident, not to say a bit arrogant. I'm just not interested in communication naturally, it's not pleasurable. Not only stimulants reverse it. Opioids too.
The thing that kills me is that girls usually approach popular guys or easy going guys and when i see that they always get attention from girls i get so jealous feeling and i get deppressed.
And about girls (and boys). The same problem that I see no pleasure in relationships, picking up etc. Except then I'm on some drugs. Maybe it's for good. No jealousy, more self-sufficient way of living. But of course the thought sustains, that there is something weird about it.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Lol how did your doctor end up prescribing 70mg of Vyvanse if you only need 40mg?

Not sure about how large a starting dose that is, but usually I find it helpful to start at a small dose of a stimulant before increasing or you'll crash bad.
Because my pdoc is old and dumb. I was prescribed 20mg of vyvanse, told him it didn't work and he prescribed me a max dose of 70mg to try. I swear he wanted to kill me lol! The problem is there is a lack of pdocs in Syracuse new York so I have to live with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts