Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do this when the weather isn't too chilly but late at night (midnightish) I go up to the roof and drink a few beers. Maybe even have a spliff and just enjoy the lights and sounds of the city. It's a good way to just turn my brain off and enjoy myself.

·
Neither here nor there
798 Posts
I love to just lay in my cozy bed and watch netflix on my TV using my Wii. Nothing is more relaxing to me after a hard day.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I exercise. It gets rid of my frustrations, stress, fears, depression. I absolutely love it. And it also makes me look better and better! Gives me energy and focus.

I also write songs on guitar to get out how I feel. Coming on here and being able to relate people helps a lot, too. Listening to music is a huuuuge help, too. Break out in song to some rock music because they've got a song to fit every horrible mood!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I like to move around, whether it's taking a walk or playing basketball or going to the gym. But if I'm really mad I listen to Slayer, because Tom Araya is so angry by the end of one song I almost forget anything I was mad about.

199 Posts
I bought a punching bag when I was in high school for those times when i felt like punching everything but couldn't,

as well as some boxing gloves. haha
it has been one of the most useful purchases i've made.
i just wait until no one is home and i turn up some music and punch my punching bag til i am exhausted to let off steam.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Walk cross-country on our ranch land for an hour or two. If I'm really pissed/stressed out I'll cut down some upstart trees while I'm walking. I'll be pouring sweat no matter if it's hot or cold by the time I get back. Then follow it up with a shower and some beers. Stress relief guaranteed.

Only problem is this time of year when the hunters (read: poachers) start showing up and make it dangerous to walk around on my own.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts