Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Overlord of OGLE-TR-122b
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is YOUR goal for 2012?

Mine is to have a girlfriend by the end of the year.

I'd love to hear other people's goals, setting goals and completing them can greatly boost a persons confidence and self esteem, so I though I would make this thread to encourage others to take part...

·
Registered
654 Posts
I want to travel to wales and meet my good buddy friend whom I have talked to online for the past 4 years.

I'm going to be a bag of nerves meeting her, no doubt about that. You can't know someone for 4 years in one context and not feel nervous at the opening of a new one!

·
Overlord of OGLE-TR-122b
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your post reminded me of another goal I have, to visit Canada :) you Canadians rock! (from UK)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a few, I guess:

*Actually keep a good chunk of my tax refund in savings (currently have no savings. Well, like $3.)

*Make plans to go to the fan convention I've always wanted to go to (so scared)

*Lose more weight (totally plateaued)

·
Overlord of OGLE-TR-122b
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the doctors the other day, and they told me I lost a stone (dont know us measurements) in a year due to anxiety. But it's still positive because that's a good thing for me :) I have been looking to lose weight anyway...

·
Among the ashes
1,464 Posts
My goal for 2012 is to get a permanent job, or at the very least, to stay alive to see the year unfold completely.

·
Self Inflicted Perma Ban
1,976 Posts
To not have a resolution at all and actually DO the things I want to do.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Just to become more comfortable with who I am

·
Registered
59 Posts
To not have a resolution at all and actually DO the things I want to do.
Well my resolution is to find the motivation to fight this phobia and do the things i want to do. As for losing weight, I achieved that through anxiety, depression and stress. So now it is time to get fit.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well, I'm finding I'm much happier these days focusing on process goals rather than specific outcomes, so I think my goal for 2012 is to continue working on and improve my ability to address what's actually upsetting me rather than using coping mechanisms. I'm gonna CBT the **** outta myself!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts