Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a meaning? Meaning is important beccause meaning acts as an influential force on long term feelings. People with great many things in there lives defined as meaningful can use those things to keep anxiety and depression at bay. Meaning transforms " existence" into "life." So what is your meaning? If you can clarify what your meaning is, it will help reduce your anxiety/depression.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm not sure what my purpose is in this life, but I have many goals I'd like to fulfill. Everyday I wake up, I learn something new. And everytime I learn something new, I realize that there is so much in the world that is passing me by and it makes me want to grab as much knowledge as I can. It's almost like an adrenaline rush, because right when you think you've found the answer to one question, there are dozens more. I believe we are all here to discover ourselves and learn from others to improve our weaknesses. Sometimes all of the information that is thrown at us is overwhelming and that is what contributes to my SA. On a positive note, it wards away a lot of depression, because it shows me there is a lot to live for.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Interesting. Unfortunately, my meaning is battered by social anxiety, so isn't quite definable at the moment. How can we add more 'meaning' into our lives?

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
For me, I once heard (Or probably read) something along the lines of "It may be that my purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others". To me, that sounded just perfect to describe how I feel about myself.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
i feel like the best thing i can do with my life is work on improving treatments for things like sa and depression. it does give me a sense of purpose, and helps me keep going when otherwise i would feel overwhelmed.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
i'm not set or don't have any ultimate meaning or purpose, but i am perfectly fine with that. i wouldn't expect to come to any set conclusion at age 20. right now i just do what is most meaningful to me and what makes me most content, which is just my few hobbies; music being the most important, and also photography, art, reading, learning, etc. socializing does make me feel good as well, though at least half the time it can still be really difficult but since i'm aware of that and i realize i need it, it motivates me to try harder.

right now i'm not doing certain things that i know will give me more meaning, i.e. attending university - i absolutely love learning, and traveling as much as i'd like to. the first has taken time to make me feel mentally prepared for, which i'm totally fine with as i can't jump into it and expect to fully enjoy it if i wasn't ready. the second i would need more money for, which is an issue as i don't make enough and i have difficulties in getting a second job. eventually i'll get there and i hope those will give my life more meaning.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
My meaning in life is to never settle and always aim to be the best that I can possibly be. I also want to be happy in life- whatever I decide to do.

·
Banned
372 Posts
Right now I'm trying to get over my panic attacks and work on establishing myself in the real world with a career, job or whatever. Learning to not be so hard on myself is something i'm trying to do too. I'm also aiming to be a not crappy person.

·
Chimpoleon
291 Posts
I'm not sure yet at 25 --- but trying new things doesn't seem to be helping it haha -- one day though.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Do you have a meaning? Meaning is important beccause meaning acts as an influential force on long term feelings. People with great many things in there lives defined as meaningful can use those things to keep anxiety and depression at bay. Meaning transforms " existence" into "life." So what is your meaning? If you can clarify what your meaning is, it will help reduce your anxiety/depression.
my life is full of meaning, and thats the reason why im so positive about my sa. if i didnt have meaning to my life then i would be one miserable @rsehole who spent his time being bitter about being a social phobic

i split my meaning into 4 parts :

1)transforming from a social phobic to a perfectly functioning social being
2)my carear
3)acheiving happiness in all areas of life
4)helping others

1) the whole meaning of my life is to change my nature , transform fro a shy person to an outgoing person. everyday is spent taking tiny steps towards change .
*(THE KABBALISTIC LAW OF TIKUN EXPLAINS NUMBER 1 PERFECTLY )

2)i beleive that everyone has a purpose carear wize. everyone has that one thing that they were born to do , that one thing that they would pay to do. i beleive we are all born for greatness. my life is about doing that one thing that i was born to do.
*(IN THE BOOK THE NEO TECH WORLD BY MARK HAMILTON , THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS SHOW ANYONE WHAT THEIR LIFES PURPOSE IS )

3)my life is about being 100% fullflled in all areas of life - finance, carear , friends, family, love etc.... . iset goals for one area at a time and then take steps to get the fullfillment in that area and once im satisfied i then move onto a new area. example - lets say i want 100% fullfilment in the area of health, welll i would spend 3 months eating right, exerciseing and transforming my body. once i was hapy with the shape i was in id just maintain it and move onto a new area. the next area might be love. so id focus on finding my soulmate. once id done that i might move onto finances

4)helping others. theres nothing to explain
*(THE KABBALASTIC LAW OF SHARING EXPLAINS THIS PERFECTLY )

a persons day should be spent doing the carear of their dreams , taking dailly risks and changes of behaviour which help them to change their nature or charactor (e.g changing from a shy person to an outgoing one ), taking steps on their goals towards achieving happiness in a certain area, and helping other people

·
Recluse
835 Posts
Ideally I would like to do something that would prevent others from suffering. I don't believe I have the talent or mental strength to do so on a large scale though :(

·
Registered
609 Posts
i have goals but i have no meaning in my life..no real purpose..goals are just that, you fulfill them, they make u happy for 10 minutes then you create another list of goals...

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Let's see. When I was younger, I found meaning in posessions: toys and board games. When I was a bit older, I hit puberty, so I found meaning in the opposite sex. Right now, I still find meaning in everything I did before, but I try to find meaning in self expresson and gaining life experience: vacations, movies, music, meditation and photography. One day I hope to find meaning in people and career, but I'm not holding my breath on either one.

·
The way out is through.
171 Posts
For me, I once heard (Or probably read) something along the lines of "It may be that my purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others". To me, that sounded just perfect to describe how I feel about myself.
LOL, I think I know what you're talking about.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
I have no f**king idea dude.

·
alien monk
8,448 Posts
No, I don't have a meaning in life. I'm fine with that.
lol me too :)

Whats wrong with just being who we are?

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
At school we would say "Sex and apple chews" (which are a toffee sweet thing, tooooo good).

·
speechless
1,710 Posts
idk to try be there help friends/family but I kinda just occupy myself the best I can from the moment i wake up until the moment I go to sleep!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts