Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard one recently from Marilyn Manson. Not a die hard fan, but a very interesting and complex person to listen to in interviews.
" In order to be equal, you have to add or subtract and I don't like math"

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
"I don't like jail. They got the wrong kind of bars in there."-Charles Bukowski

lol not my favorite but its pretty funny.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Aside from the ones in my sig:

"Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice keeps me from feeling isolated."
- Albert Einstein

When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
-Theodore Roosevelt

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
"Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself" - Joel Hawes

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I saw a movie on the Hallmark Channel last Christmas, and heard one of the greatest quotes ever.
There were two guys, and one wanted to go inside to this christmas dinner. The other said that he didn't want to go in because he wasn't a people person. The first guy responded, "If they can't accept you, they don't deserve you".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure of the author of either:

Aim for the moon; even if you miss you'll land among the stars.

Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
-Bob Marley-

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
-John Burroughs-

·
Registered
706 Posts
Came across this one recently which i think is excellent.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjust the sails." - William Arthur Ward

·
Sea of clouds.
223 Posts
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." ~Wayne Gretzky

I'm too lazy to look up the authors these two, but I'm sure a few seconds of googling would do the trick if you're curious.

"Ships are safest in the harbor, but that's not where ships are meant to be."

"Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.' "

·
white wine, pink face
460 Posts
"Nothing happens unless something moves." - Einstein

"Nihil est toto quod perstet in orbe. /there is nothing in the world that does not change" -Ovid

When we get out of the glass bottles of our ego,
and when we escape like squirrels turning in the cages of our personality
and get into the forests again,
we shall shiver with cold and fright
but things will happen to us so that we do not know ourselves.

-D.H. Lawrence

a relatively long bit, but good:

"Today I hope that my collection agents take a break from tirelessly trying to track me down, and I hope someone touches them on the elbow and says, "God you have lovely eyes." I hope they come home tonight and they don't even get in the door before someone is ripping their clothes off and ****ing them crazy. I hope they fall asleep exhausted and empty and full of senseless optimism for the future." - Joey Comeau

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. " - Thomas Jefferson

1 - 20 of 47 Posts