Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very curious to know what faith or religion people follow. Or if you have not chosen a religion yet, what are your beliefs and whatnot? I suppose you could call me an Atheist Buddhist Wiccan. These are what suit my beliefs the most, although I am still doing my research on religion and spirituality.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I was raised a non-denominational Christian, although over the years I have felt a bit alienated from church (perhaps partially due to SA). I guess I consider myself more of a "seeker"; I definitely believe there is a God, but I try to absorb ideas from many religious traditions.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Today I refer myself as Born again,
a Christian,
non- dominational I guess,
(not sure what that means...)

Jesus Died on the cross, without sin,
and through the grace of God, and his Blood, our sins of yesterday,
today and tomorrow are forgiven with confession and Faith in Jesus,

He rose from the death, accended to heaven, and know lives in us,
in those who believe In Him..through the Holy Spirit.

yup..thats what I believe :banana

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I am going to study buddhism, so i guess i might call myself a buddhist someday, i need some sort of spiritual connection. I don't like to consider myself religious, but just a person trying to get in touch with thier spiritual side. I would consider studying other things, i really like this sort of thing, it brings more meaning to my life! :)
I also beleive in Jesus as my savior.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't follow any religon but I do have a strong belief that there is a higher power. "Call it God, or whatever you choose, I do believe that there's more to life, then what we experience in our daily lives.

I'm a very spirilual person, and I am very much into personal development and I'm on a road looking for the wisdom that will give me the inner peace that we're all looking for,so that I can live my life on the highest level and tap in to the true joy of life.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Raised Baptist

Explored different branches of Paganism as a teenager

Studied up on Buddhism for a while

Now I just say I'm agnostic because I honestly have no idea what's out there.

·
up an down, here we go!!
355 Posts
Was raised and baptised in a Free Will Baptist church, moved to attend college and didn't attend church for years, then I started to attend a contemporary Methodist church after finally letting God back in after years of heart tugging. Then I met my husband and converted to the independant Church of Christ (not to be confused with United Church of Christ which is entirely different) and is very similar to FWB.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I'm a nondenominational Christian. My beliefs are kind of close to Seventh Day Adventists but I don't know anything about Ellen White and I don't really care to. I think some with similar beliefs also describe themselves as primitive Christians.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
I'm not sure what my label really is, and I'm not sure that it would matter very much. I struggle to follow God as I understand Him and that's pretty much all I've really got figured out at this point.

Oh, fine. I'm a liberal panentheistic Christian mystic, is that better? :b

·
Registered
171 Posts
sprinter said:
I'm a nondenominational Christian. My beliefs are kind of close to Seventh Day Adventists but I don't know anything about Ellen White and I don't really care to. I think some with similar beliefs also describe themselves as primitive Christians.
I was raised adventist and agree with it for the most part, but there are other parts of it that I strongly disagree with (Like there saying that only adventists who regularly attend church will be "saved") and has lead me to question it. I also haven't attended services in ages.

I'm surprised that someone else on this board would know what Seventh Day Adventist was since they are such a small group. Usually people have no idea what I am talking about when I tell them about adventists. Don't worry, I don't really know anything about Ellen G. White either.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just wanted to write that I have discovered more of my spiritual path. I am a Wiccan 100% but also follow some of the Buddhist faith and other forms of magick. I am an extremely proud Witch. I respect all other religions though, as should everyone. By the way, thank you to the people who have replied to this post. I deeply appreciated it. I have enjoyed reading what other people's religions are. Way to go for being spiritual. You all rock!!!

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.