Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and have you ever been in the situation? Would love to hear experiences, helps me with my own irrational thoughts :sus

·
.:focused:...
223 Posts
finding someone who loves me and yet not being able to open up :(
oh and having an anxiety attack at a party, which half happened once.

·
FearLoosingRelationships
81 Posts
Well my biggest fear is getting close to someone and them leaving me, if that counts.

·
Chained to my destiny
414 Posts
Right now it is sitting in my workplace and not feeling useful because nobody is giving work to me. And everybody around me is busy. I am thinking one day they are going to fire me saying you are no longer useful here, get lost!

·
behind you
748 Posts
Having everyone in the world know about me and my thoughts, feelings, dreams, and see how terrible of a person I really am. Life would suck

·
blob
1,221 Posts
Public speaking in front of multitudes of the opposite gender would be the worst nightmare. I'm sweating just thinking about it.
omgosh yes!!!!

i think another one is just going in to different stores and trying to talk to managers about available jobs n whatnot. that is so stressful to me cuz you have to give a good first impression. its like once you fumble your words, ur screwed.

i went to ralphs one time to ask if they were hiring, and like an idiot, i stood in the freakin line, and waited to ask the cashier (omg i am so cringing right now) then she asked if i wanted to apply there at the store at the kiosk, and i said no thanks *major faceplam* then i said something awkward and they laughed at me. omg

·
Registered
554 Posts
Tripping on acid around a group of friends I am not a part of. My boyfriend being there but ignoring me because there's more entertaining people around and I'm not important enough.
It has happened. Twice. Worst experiences in my life ever. If I let it happen again I might kill myself just to escape it. I just couldn't speak or act normal, and we were in the middle of nowhere in the forest so I could not leave.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
Well, being dragged up on stage by a mime in front of thousands and challenged to climb an invisible ladder. Then, Michael Flatley comes out (after I defeat the mime of course) and challenges me to a dance off.

Sorry, I can't go on, it just gets progressively scarier. Leprechauns come out on stage next.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well so far, it was that time I went to this girl's 18th birthday party last August. I tried putting up a brave front but everyone in there made me feel so insecure and uncomfortable on the inside the whole time. Though I was with my family, I wanted to get out of there immediately.

I wish I didn't went but I had to play a special role in her party. I was her last rose and last dance. Plus, I owed her for stopping by at my house and giving me a nice present on my birthday a month earlier. A note and two shirts, which were small on me. And also for being a good friend to me. Now, I don't know if we are still friends. It's been months since we last interacted. It's probably for the best anyway.

I got her NOTHING for her birthday but I figured that by showing up, it would be enough since we hardly ever hangout. I was SO wrong. I was out-staged by her other extroverted friends. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Having everyone in the world know about me and my thoughts, feelings, dreams, and see how terrible of a person I really am. Life would suck
That right there. Having people be able to "see through me" scares the crap out ofme!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tripping on acid around a group of friends I am not a part of. My boyfriend being there but ignoring me because there's more entertaining people around and I'm not important enough.
It has happened. Twice. Worst experiences in my life ever. If I let it happen again I might kill myself just to escape it. I just couldn't speak or act normal, and we were in the middle of nowhere in the forest so I could not leave.
Yes omg. I've been in that situation a lot when I was high and of course being high makes it a thousand times worse when you feel left out weird and paranoid

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for all your comments are definitely identify with everyone. My worst nightmare is basically just being trapped in a situation where I am facing people and can't leave and having some embarrassing subject brought up or something that I am hiding or that is private and then them noticing that I am embarrassed and red and them knowing.

·
Woman-&#
314 Posts

·
Banned
907 Posts
a nightmare situation for me would be if I was hanging out with a girl and some of her guy friends showed up and started picking on me and purposely started pushing my buttons...

·
Banned
3,209 Posts
Weird. When I tripped on acid it was the opposite of anxiety provoking.

Well my biggest fear is getting close to someone and them leaving me, if that counts.
This just happened to me. Well she wants space. Whatever that is supposed to mean.

·
SAS Member
4,245 Posts
Having to make a speech infront of a audience about something personal to me, such as my hobbies. I had to do that a few times in school.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts