Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
I can understand your concern. I had many worries about going to therapy when I first started. Luckily I had a pretty good therapist. When I first went to therapy they did an introduction type thing. Asked birthday, do you have any friends? Do you did you have any intimate relationships? Do you work? Highest education and where you went to school? Are you taking any medication? Do you have any family and what is your relationship with them? What is your ethnic/cultural background? They'll have you sign some forms about your information and medical rights stuff like that explaining how its all confidential. Then they'll probably ask you about the problems you're having and why you feel that way and when you started feeling the way you do and stuff like that. At least that's how it was for me when I first went. A decent therapist would not be rude. It's gonna feel kinda awkward going in your first time but just do the best you can. Remeber therapy is a long process don't feel like you have to rush things when talking about your issues. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
101 Posts
found it very good scary at first but got used to it after a while did 6 week group therapy and six week one to one got over some majour fears through it and to this day still works.put my name in for other courses just waiting to get called would recommed to anyone every little helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts