Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the time I become obsessed with something. I might wake up in the morning, play a videogame, and become obsessed with it. For an hour or two I will constantly think about the game, and 'believe' that it's the one thing I have.

Then I might play a different game, or do a different activity, and become obsessed with that. Constantly think about it, and even if I take a break from the particular thing, I keep thinking about it.

Finally, especially at the end of the day, I get depressed because my mind battles with different obsessions that it has, or has had in the previous 24 hours, and I feel like I can only choose one thing.

Help! Is this a disorder? Is this relatively normal?

·
Half way there
428 Posts
and I feel like I can only choose one thing.
Help! Is this a disorder? Is this relatively normal?
Not sure. I often spend a lot of time thinking about whether I should do activity A or activity B and feel as though I can only choose one even though logically I could choose both if I wanted to.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I can relate to getting obsessed with certain things such as specific books, movies, icons, ideas. Maybe it's something to do seraching for perfection, or a search for something that is going to make you content forever. Over time, I kind of grew out of a lot of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts