Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first when I started posting here, and it wasn't that long ago. It felt kind of relieving.. seeing so many people with similar expierences and stories I'd have to say it help get me out of the hole I dug myself in.

It's probably a contributing factor to one of the reasons I've improved more mentally over the past few months. Trust me, it doesn't take that long to defeat your devils just constantly remind yourself positive things while staying in your comfort zone, then make little changes to your lifestyle like going to a restaurant or volunteering, never take a big leap at first, it'll just land you right back where you started.. yeah I know incredibly generic advice, but it's generic because it works best.

Well back on topic, lol.. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but coming on here when you're feeling good is rather depressing, wouldn't you rather be on a forum talking about things that interest you? instead of just relieving yourself by sharing your negative experiences with others?

It's like taking medications,alcohol or drugs.. all it is a temporary fix, in the long run you don't win.

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Coming on here is kind of like looking at those mirrors in a Fun House.

I see traits of myself, but they all seem distorted and odd.

I guess I can relate to it and it's kind of interesting, but is it better than another forum?

Well, one thing that I like about this forum is that it kind of takes a step back from things where most other forums are all gung ho on some subject (even though inevitably it's still just another forum where people just socialize).

The only thing that bugs me on this site is that a lot people on here seem lonely and I wish I could help them out or cheer them up.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
If you start to feel good about yourself then don't come here if you think it will bring you back down. Also, not all of the forums are depressing. Maybe just visit certain ones and avoid others.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have nothing better to do ...

I get interaction I wouldn't get otherwise. You can talk about pretty much anything & if someone is not interested or has a different view that's fine. It is easy enough to find something else to do or someone else to talk with.

I think that is why it is addicting to people with a SA & why some must ask to be banned so they can get out & do other things.

If you are not going to get out though it beats the heck out of only doing isolated stuff all the time and not talking to anybody.
Fer sure. I feel better when I am out now just having had a little human interaction here. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I used to come here when I felt really bad... but now I'm just here mainly for entertainment and I enjoy seeing familiar usernames, lol.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
It's a good social outlet for when you don't want to deal with people in "real" life.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well I think it's easier to see flaws in other people's thinking than in my own. So via hearing and writing about other people's issues I can put my own issues into perspective as well. Thinking about other people's issues is also a good distraction from whatever it is I'm obsessing about. A lot of people here struggle a lot more than I do right now, so it also reminds me that I'm doing okay. If they can cope, so can I. But I agree that some threads can be seriously depressing. And, dare I say it, some people really need a kick up the you know what. But don't we all from time to time?!

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I agee, SAS can be depressing, however, I'm still thankful for this place. For me it's an outlet...not that anyone really cares about what I have to say (or really gives a crap that I'm around for the most part.) But still, ya'll are my people, in that we share the same perspective, for the most part...if that makes sense. It's nice to be able to relate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts