Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one thing you wish you could do or change (that you have trouble doing because of SA), that stands out above everything else? A particular action that would make you feel you've cleared a major obstacle, and give you both a deep sense of satisfaction as well as achievement?

And I'm speaking of something specific, an action, not a feeling. Not general terms...because we all want to feel more confident, happy, etc.

For me, I would love to be able to go up to complete strangers and strike up a conversation. Mainly because this seems like such a critical social skill that could serve me well in just about any social situation. The benefits of being comfortable doing that on a regular basis are endless.

· Control-Alt-Delete Me
43 Posts
Yep I think it's being able to make conversation and talk more and also to be more spontaneous and take more risks without always weighing up the pros and cons first - both of these would inevitably make my friendships and relationships last longer and make them more exciting

· Registered
85 Posts
I would have to agree with you.Striking up convo with strangers would mean I could get a job,or go to school and decide on a carreer for the rest of my life.Just being able to feel comfortable interacting and having small talk at the grocery store would make me feel much better about myself.

· Banned
497 Posts
Is there one thing you wish you could do or change (that you have trouble doing because of SA), that stands out above everything else? A particular action that would make you feel you've cleared a major obstacle, and give you both a deep sense of satisfaction as well as achievement?

And I'm speaking of something specific, an action, not a feeling. Not general terms...because we all want to feel more confident, happy, etc.

For me, I would love to be able to go up to complete strangers and strike up a conversation. Mainly because this seems like such a critical social skill that could serve me well in just about any social situation. The benefits of being comfortable doing that on a regular basis are endless.
idike toable to just relax around oter people. just be around others and not care what the thn, not have a care in the wrd, just act naturally

· Shift Happens
454 Posts
To be able to be a risk taker and think in the moment, not care about consequences instead of remembering past occasions/failures and future murkiness.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.