Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
To help me break out of being an egotistical prude?
Walk around naked in front of people

Live like a homeless person for a while

Fail at picking up girls in public

Become ugly or get a physical deformity somehow

Say dumb or offensive things when the focus is on you

·
LEFT SAS
2,787 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you're concerned with being too judgmental and self centered. Personally, I'm always trying to increase my compassion quotient. Whenever I feel myself judging someone, I try see life from their point of view. A lot of our judgments stem from our own insecurities. Humiliating yourself isn't a healthy way to deal with your ego.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Realise the value of teamwork. Realise that you need other people in order to build something.

Not very humiliating, sounds extremely corny but it works.

·
Banned
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Walk around naked in front of people

Live like a homeless person for a while

Fail at picking up girls in public

Become ugly or get a physical deformity somehow

Say dumb or offensive things when the focus is on you
Nude beaches are too far from the San Fernando Valley and cost too much to go by bus.

To much of a p***y.

I can try that

I am ugly. I have brown hair, pale skin and a b-cup bra size. That's ugly to my society.

Also too much of a p***y.

Be self-deprecating.
I'm VERY self-depreciating. Still doesn't work.

Masturbate in front of your family.
So you mean be like you? Pervy, sarcastic and immature? :lol
BTW, my second punch to your face is that I already do in my blankets in the same room my mom sleeps.

Look for a job. The whole process from making a resume, to answering 80 zillion questions, to wearing a monkey suit is humiliating.
The humiliation part starts when I get rejected for having virtually no experience.

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
oh this ones easy, recall all the bad **** you did in your life. BAM that will haunt you. lol.

·
Registered
442 Posts
So throw a tantrum at the mall?
if you feel shame at the thought of others perceiving you as an immature, dickish, adult child, then this would serve the purpose well right?
but maybe the key thing to keep in mind is "PERCEIVE". how others see you is entirely a perception that exists in their head and may or may not reflect accurately upon yourself as you truly are. I think only the individual can entirely know themselves. so it's just embracing your utmost authority in your life :D Maybe keep this in mind if you throw a tantrum or whatever, so that the shame you feel isn't too overpowering..

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
Or just eat a Fiber One bar and fart all over the mall.
My humiliation has to be recent.
why does it have to be recent? Isn't ending up on SAS enough... well that's my take on it. lol.... just saying. Everyone here has things to be embarrassed about.

·
Fun...Fluid...Formidable
7,159 Posts
I think its possible that wanting to kill your ego is ego itself...bragging..."look how big I am!! This person wants to kill me I"M SO BIG!"

Its impossible and unhealthy to kill your ego. It is possible to learn when its unreasonable and act the opposite-ish.

"Fairleighcalm is invisible"......whoa.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I would agree with Fairleighcalm that it's futile and unhealthy to try to kill your ego. Without the ego or desire as some call it, humans would cease to be ambitious, aspirational, innovative, impassioned, and determined. Even people who have been considered the embodiment of moral excellence like Nelson Mandela and and Gandhi have egos. The problem is not necessarily the ego but that having an ego can create insatiable desire for recognition or the desire to be elevated above all others while crushing those who threaten or undermine our inflated views of ourselves. We just have to wrestle with it. I think it gets better with age because young people tend to be more desirous and image conscious. It's an interesting thread title btw.

·
Banned
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would agree with Fairleighcalm that it's futile and unhealthy to try to kill your ego. Without the ego or desire as some call it, humans would cease to be ambitious, aspirational, innovative, impassioned, and determined. Even people who have been considered the embodiment of moral excellence like Nelson Mandela and and Gandhi have egos. The problem is not necessarily the ego but that having an ego can create insatiable desire for recognition or the desire to be elevated above all others while crushing those who threaten or undermine our inflated views of ourselves. We just have to wrestle with it. I think it gets better with age because young people tend to be more desirous and image conscious. It's an interesting thread title btw.
I don't mean to kill my ego, just my pride. So I won't be such an uptight snob.

·
LEFT SAS
2,787 Posts
Brown hair and pale skin-that's beautiful. What are you talking about. B-cup? Again, nothing wrong with that either. Tan skin=sun damage!

You sound attractive to me.

*You're being an appearance snob by holding up a stupid stereotype of what beauty should be.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts