Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I love philosophy) In my opinion, we are put here to live life, learn and teach, love and to be loved.... But most importantly.. To love and accept ourselves so that we can be happy... But can people with SA ever find happiness?:sus

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm very interested in philosophy as well and have thought this over many times. I believe that the meaning of life after all my thinking is just simply to enjoy it and build relationships with the people around you/in your life or community.

That's the big problem about SA is it somewhat gets in the way of that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The eternal stretches of space, and the infinite reach of time, holds us mortals for but a brief moment, on a tiny spec of rock. The great dimensions of our world are impossible to grasp. But it's those simplest of things, like the giggle after a kiss, that lingers like the wind, and reminds us of something special within. For neither the largest of stars nor the strongest of galaxies, can hold an attraction greater than that which can exists between two human beings. For what purpose it all exists, is overshadowed by the beauty of spending it with another human being.

As for SA people being happy, that would be called an oxymoron.

·
(.*?)
7,011 Posts
The meaning of life is to peruse the goals you've set for yourself and become the person you want to be. If you keep your expectations low, you can be content.

To reproduce your DNA - biologically speaking.
Evolution isn't sentient. Biology doesn't assign meaning, the meaning of anything is relative to goals and only a thinking creature can create goals.

·
Registered
291 Posts
How can you know the meaning of life without knowing everything? Life could have been created by a God that wanted planets to be a little more interesting.

A person can give meaning to their own life if they want but it is not a necessity.

·
Anywhere, take me there ~
228 Posts
There is no one reason for human existence. Meaning is what you make it, you have to decide for yourself what makes life worth living

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.