Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not looking to lose weight. As a matter of fact, i think I'm under weight.
I just want to shape up, and feel more positive about myself.

I have a pair of dumbells, and that's about it. Given this, what's a good, simple whole body workout? Simple and whole body kind of contradicts each other, but i don't know alot about exercise. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
if all you have is them dumbells you might want to get some running shoes, egg timer, and a skip rope too. Running and skipping will whip you into shape quickly.

Skip for five minutes (or run for 15), stretch for ten minutes, then do circuits with calisthenics and your dumbells.
You can make your own circuits and change them up every day. Simply pick 4 or 5 exercises, do an exercise for 30 seconds as intensively as you can, once youve gone through the set rest for a minute and repeat.

Eggsample:

-Push-ups
-Jumping jacks
-Jump squats
-Running on the spot punch-outs
-Sit-ups
Rest 1 min
repeat x3

-Lunge squats
-Climbers (go to push up position, alternate bringing your knee to your chest)
-Hops (jump side to side over an object like a basketball)
-V-ups (lay on back, simultaneously bring legs and hands up to meet halfway)
Rest 1 min
Repeat x3

-Standing press-ups ( stand and press dumbells from shoulder straight up fast and repeatedly)
-Bent rows ( bend slightly, shoulders over knees, row with dumbells from knee to hip fast and repeatedly))
-Hold and squat (hold dumbells straight out shoulder height, squat fast and repeatedly)
-Sitting punch outs (lay on back, rest legs on bench, sit up and punch out with dumbells)
Rest 1 min
Repeat x3

Sounds good to you? Does awesome for me. This is only a taste of what I do in zee gym.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts