Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..whether over the telephone or face to face, when the applicant has SA or problems communicating.

I have been through a number of these and never really felt like i gave a good performance. I have tried a number of approaches for telephone interviews for instance including not preparing beforehand and being spontaneous, reading from prepared answers, trying to memorize pre-prepared answers beforehand. Reading the answers i don't think is a good idea because it tends to come across in your voice that you're reading and sometimes this does not allow you to address subtleties in the question. Even when i memorize answers though i still tend to stumble along struggling to piece together the various points I want to make. I find these interviews really only serve trying to weed out inarticulate people, although on the job relating to technical discussions i tend to express my ideas pretty well. However there is something about giving interview answers to these types of questions which I struggle with. If you are looking to get a job in a skilled trade though you will almost inevitably have to find a solution to this though.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
I think your approach is fine, i.e. keep on rehearsing answers to common questions and keep on typing Q and A's. I've been doing the same no matter how miserable of a chore it feels.

I don't think extroverts do it any differently. They basically obsess over how to answer stuff both in routine settings and off-the-cuff.

Like acting or musicians, no other way of looking more natural than practising ad nauseum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts