Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my nephews, who is 4 years old (going to turn 5 in a few weeks), seems very interested in piano. He likes to watch me play and messes around with it whenever he comes over.

I was thinking about teaching him how to play, but I don't know if he's still too young.

I was thinking about teaching how to play songs right away, because basic theory would be too boring for a 4 year old and might turn him off from the piano. I could teach him Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, maybe? Jelly Roll Morton songs?

·
"Individual lil ditty"
46 Posts
If he sh0ws interest, en0ugh f0r me! Children's minds are designed t0 sp0nge up l0ads 0f inf0rmati0n, better than that 0f an adult trying t0 learn an0ther language. If my niece sh0ws any interest in s0mething creative and expressive y0u better believe I'm g0ing t0 nurture that!!

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, hopefUlly I can teach him. I'm not a very patiEnt person. Maybe twinkle twiNkle little star isn't a good song to teach a boy. I'll think of a better song to teach him.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm not sure if they've found different but from what I remember reading the younger the better, in fact if you learn music too late in life you can never really be that good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts