Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never understood it. I'm not the type that would be seen in that kind of social environment. If you ask me, having fun would take place in a sports event (even though I am not into sports but wouldn't mind watching one in person), being in the city walking with a friend, traveling to another country, laser tag (only played once in my life), skiing, etc... I don't know how drinking the whole night, making a fool of yourself would be considered having fun. I understand that social people are light years more social than I am, but partying and having sex is far from having fun to me. Girls dressed provocatively for special attention is not the kind of environment I would want to be. Unlike most guys in those situations, I am more likely to think with my brain than my ****. I enjoyed when I was taking the beginning courses listening to professors give lectures, that itself I considered fun. I wouldn't have mind if I gained self esteem during that time and became friends with a student there so we could study college material together. I'm Hispanic but don't listen to Spanish music. Most of that music is for partying and dancing. I don't dance. It's not what I do. I can listen to songs like Roc Boys by Jay Z and enjoy them, but I wouldn't listen to the goofy type hip hop usually played by southern rap artists. I would rather hang out with a college professor and let him talk to me about school material than be in a club surrounded by girls.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Because it combines three separately but equally enjoyable activities:

1. Drinking
2. Hanging with friends
3. Dancing/groping hot chicks

·
FAKE
1,117 Posts
never gone myself, and i don't ever plan to, but i can see the appeal i think. from what i've gleaned from conversations with friends that "live for the weekend," a lot of it really just seems like blowing off steam; an opportunity for young people that may not be spending the majority of their days how they'd like to go somewhere and "be seen" and participate in a spectacle of pretenses and glamour. and then there's just some who really, truly, genuinely like to dance and are very particular about the types of clubs they patronize based on the type of music or whatever. i'm sure some sociologist out there has studied the larger social forces that have contributed to the club scene's popularity, but that's just what i know from anecdotal evidence.

·
FAKE
1,117 Posts
Because it combines three separately but equally enjoyable activities:

1. Drinking
2. Hanging with friends
3. Dancing/groping hot chicks
this too. i would also add 4. finding chix that are "d2f" and maybe 5. the private delight of turning down multiple horny guys

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
this too. i would also add 4. finding chix that are "d2f" and maybe 5. the private delight of turning down multiple horny guys
Do women enjoy number 5? I think it would be more annoying than fun. But then again I never had the privilege of being able to crush someone's hopes and dreams. Perhaps it is a powerful feeling. As men we'll never know.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I just love dancing, and it can be fun to dance around other people. But i would only dance if the people i went with are dancing too. I've been to stuff like that two or three times but i just can't stand it because it gets crowded and there's no room to dance without accidentally hitting people all the time. It's so awkward. I didn't enjoy most of the music. And i don't enjoy drinking.

·
FAKE
1,117 Posts
Do women enjoy number 5? I think it would be more annoying than fun. But then again I never had the privilege of being able to crush someone's hopes and dreams. Perhaps it is a powerful feeling. As men we'll never know.
heh it's mostly speculation... but have you seen some of the creatures that are prowling these institutions? sometimes i wish i was a hot girl so i could do #5 myself :)

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
heh it's mostly speculation... but have you seen some of the creatures that are prowling these institutions? sometimes i wish i was a hot girl so i could do #5 myself :)
:clap

I laughed at this so hard. I guess hot girls do hold all the cards. Doesn't matter, after 5 or 6 drinks everyone starts look hot enough for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Drinks, dancing and fun times with friends. However, I dont like guys who start grabbing me in places they shouldnt when dancing with me and sometimes when I actually want to talk to someone its almost impossible because we cant hear each other lol.

1,495 Posts
You don't need to be completely wasted to have fun in clubs! In fact I hate being drunk, throwing up is disgusting. Been there, done that, just had enough. I go clubbing to dance and have a good time. Sometimes I have a drink or two, I don't need to get wasted off my face to have a great night.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I like dancing and having fun, meeting people is just a bonus...

·
Midnight rambla
1,146 Posts
I'm not at all joking when I say this... but I would sooner throw myself over the cliffs of moher than attend a night club..

My comfortable settings in a social environment is either on stage, or sitting at a table amongst people I know.. with some booze at hand.

If I'm anywhere where I am expected to 'mingle' (for me that means walking around like a lost dog) then **** that, boots go on.. bring on the cliffs..

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've been clubbing twice this year (for the first time), and I think it is WAY overrated. The music usually sucks and it's impossible to talk to anyone because of the noise. Personally, I'd rather just hang out at a bar, or go to a gig if I want to hear good music. I don't see the appeal of nightclubs. :|

·
Pronouced Tech-Oh
199 Posts
Seriously guys, I wouldn't expect anyone that is a member of this site to actually enjoy night clubs. I hate them as well, but wish I was able to enjoy it. And I honestly DO see how it is fun for people, but I couldn't feel any more uncomfortable being there my self.

1) Meeting new ppl
2) Enjoying the music - no one goes to clubs to listen to the music, they go to dance to it! No one cares about whats being said.
3) Potential for "late night bed exercises" (honestly cannot see how you could say that that's not fun!). Wish I possessed the social skills to go out and bring a girl home just once LOL.
4) Probably not the best place to go looking, but there's always the potential to finding your next significant other, if not that at least some one to date.
5) Relax and have a good time!

If I were to go I wouldn't be able to accomplish any of that

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
I like going to clubs because I like dancing. However, it's best to leave around 1am because that's when the horny/drunk people start arriving, and it's never a good idea to mix them with the sober people.
Plus it's dark, there's fun music, everyone is into their own "thing" and after a couple of beers you feel like you're dancing alone in your bedroom with really cool lights.

I do find it weird when people go alone to clubs. She/He always looks like a creeper.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I never understood it. I'm not the type that would be seen in that kind of social environment. If you ask me, having fun would take place in a sports event (even though I am not into sports but wouldn't mind watching one in person), being in the city walking with a friend, traveling to another country, laser tag (only played once in my life), skiing, etc... I don't know how drinking the whole night, making a fool of yourself would be considered having fun. I understand that social people are light years more social than I am, but partying and having sex is far from having fun to me. Girls dressed provocatively for special attention is not the kind of environment I would want to be. Unlike most guys in those situations, I am more likely to think with my brain than my ****. I enjoyed when I was taking the beginning courses listening to professors give lectures, that itself I considered fun. I wouldn't have mind if I gained self esteem during that time and became friends with a student there so we could study college material together. I'm Hispanic but don't listen to Spanish music. Most of that music is for partying and dancing. I don't dance. It's not what I do. I can listen to songs like Roc Boys by Jay Z and enjoy them, but I wouldn't listen to the goofy type hip hop usually played by southern rap artists. I would rather hang out with a college professor and let him talk to me about school material than be in a club surrounded by girls.
:clap Kinda like me dude. But if I would ever get invited to go to party I would probably go.

·
Surrounded by greatness
579 Posts
I never liked going to clubs/dances/bars because it just isn't me. The loud music makes it difficult for me to carry a conversation with someone and it is one of my most avoided environments. You are supposed to be able to have a good time and be comfortable and I was neither almost every time I went to an event like this. (I) Avoid.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nothing is fun about enjoying yourself in front of other people. Terrifies me. Who wants to be bouncing into a bunch of sweaty, drunk, shirtless strangers?

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
the lack of actual room lighting and loud music? i have never been to a club before so i can only guess this is what most of them look like inside.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts