Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am asking this question because i had such an experience with Buspiron ( generic Buspar).. however it was short ( for 3 days ) . It's was like my fear center was a fire that drowned in the rain ( Buspar) . I became chatty, didn't fear my boss any more. felt i could take on life . All this with no manic state or anything. I felt i could talk to girls with no problem.

However this was for the first 3 days on Buspiron . After that it stopped working. ( could it be because it was generic? i don't know !)

Now i am wondering if you felt the same with any other drug? I am not talking about general relaxation , but considerable reduction in fear and anxiety.

Note: I know some people will say that confidence is not in a pill . Please lets not go into that debate. I have a plan to work on myself in therapy . but i am asking here in regards to Medication .

Meedo :)

·
Coughing Neon
123 Posts
Adderall.

Like most people have said about it already, though, the window of time for that effect is very small- maybe a few hours.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
high dose delorazepam no less than 4mg

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am Rxed Ritalin I.R. now for ADHD/ADD combined as well as valium. I was Rxed oxycodone also a month ago after jaw surgery. For me taking the three gave me immediate confidence, major sociability and even more MAJOR anxiety relief. It was very effective for me ...didn't get me high but I felt normal as I would in my eyes. I wouldn't name one particular drug for confidence but I'd say that the valium is the main hitter. I took ativan, xanax, librium, clonazepam For years and none worked as effective as valium for me and valium totally agrees with my system. Valium the only one that doesn't cause me grogginess, agitation, it doesn't mess with my memory at all and is the only one that has a mood lift effect. With xanax and clonazepam I would need atleast 3 mg to function and 4-5mg if I had a bad day. Same with ativan. I went from 3mg of clonazepam to 15mg of valium without ANY problems. it actually helps me more. Also valium is the only benzodiazepine that I can take once a day and not need to re-dose at all. the rest need 3 doses (clonazepam only 2 though). Valium...long half life..minimal discomfort if I take days off, need to dose only once a day unlike others benzos and easy to taper and CHEAP. and this is the one out of all the benzos with the worst stigma.. very funny because to me it's sorta weak and is just enough to take the edge off without side effects

·
Registered
727 Posts
most people get good effects from stimulants like adderal , dex

but dexedrine for me makes me nervous at low or normal doses, id have to take a pretty high dose to be social, however i would be very, very social throughout the whole day. usually one dose works for 2-3 hours at the most but a high as hell dose works for a long time

weird...

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
Ive tried valium which was the only thing that kept me from fleeing from a class presentation that was the determining factor of if I would graduate or not.

·
Registered
62 Posts
cocaine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts