Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my parents bought the new computer it came with a subwoofer, this rectagular-shaped black box thing with one dial on the front. It has been collecting dust next to my computer moniter for months now. What is it and what does it do? How do I use it? :con

·
Registered
53 Posts
There are 3 classes of speakers, generally speaking. You have a tweeter (tiny, tiny speaker that only is designed to play really high-frequency notes), a woofer (middle sized speaker, for the middle-frequency notes), and a sub woofer (big speakers that play low frequency notes). Oh, and within the subwoofer or speakers, there will be a crossover built in (those are the devices that take the whole signal coming from the music source, split them up, and send them to the right speakers.) and an amplifier (the device that generates power and sends them to each speaker as needed.)

Most speakers have a tweeter and woofer already built in, and thus you usually only need regular speakers, and subwoofers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yep we have a subwoofer but it's connected to our entertainment system, makes it feel like we are in a theater. :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, okay. Thanks. I hooked it up and turned it on and you can hear the bass guitar great with this thing. Did you know the bass on that U2 song "I still Have found what I'm looking for" (or whatever's it's called) is really amateur? :b

It gives you a lot of extra bass but since you don't need it you should send it to me.
:lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts