Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Drumkit/percussion.

Fortunately, I have almost no anxiety actually performing music, and I'm in a group that plays shows regularly. I have no idea how I manage to do it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
In middle school I was in the band and I played the saxophone. I quit in high school because I did not like marching band.

I still know how to play to this very day 10 years later, and I still have my saxophone from middle school. I hope one day to save up for a professional model (Selmer Paris, they're like 4,500 dollars), and start to practice seriously to go from an intermediate level to a more professional level.

·
Still searching..
400 Posts
Guitar...acoustic and electric. I also play bass. I play by ear, and don't know how to play a piano correctly, but I like to play around with one.

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
I started on the bass, then I got a guitar, a ukulele and a mandolin. My bass is pretty out of practice now though, I used to play in a band a little bit. I can play a little bit on the ukulele and the guitar but I don't practice as much as I used to. I play a yahama acoustic with a capo on the third for my voice

But I have trouble playing infront of people. Never bit the bullet, story of my life.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I sort of have been somewhat playing guitar for over fifteen years. Sort of maybe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
used to play the piano but quit due to pressures of school. I don't know if recorder counts since in my elementary days, kids from 4th through 5th grades in music class were required to play them.

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
Flute, don't really play anymore though.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Guitar, self taught. Tried to pick up piano but it was too hard and my fingers aren't that limber to stretch and play chords.

·
Dancing on my own
1,665 Posts
I used to play piano from when I was 7 to about 13. I actually competed in (piano) adjudications and other competitions, too. This was before my impeding anxiety kicked in, of course :b

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Mainly piano but I also know how to play the flute and violin. And I'd love to learn how to play the electric guitar.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts