Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What if your partner was your biological sibling?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do if you found out your bf/gf, husband/wife, etc.. was your biological sibling? 100% sibling, no half sister or brother

·
Banned
4,683 Posts
I'd understand people finding out that their SO is really their distant cousin, but a sibling? Wow.

·
♥
681 Posts
Ugh, clicked the wrong option thanks to my stupid laggy computer reloading the page on me...
Anyway, I guess I'd leave just because I really wouldn't be able to stand the thought of dating my sibling. /:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If I love the person romantically, I love the person romantically. I would just have to make a mental note not to get her pregnant ever. *shrug*

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Wincest it is :p

·
(.*?)
6,650 Posts
If you weren't raised with with them and you're not going to have children, then being biological siblings is just a disconcerting culturally taboo technicality. Finding out about it could make things rather awkward though.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
I imagine my extremely logical and coherent mindset would express something like this:

AHHHHAAORRRHHHAHWHAAA!?

559 Posts
I would leave them. That would just be way too weird to deal with. I'm sure the feeling would be mutual if they were also aware. I would probably remain in touch though, if things ended on good terms.

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
i never had a sister before, so if it does turn out i have one, i guess i would stay with it. might be kind of platonic afterwards, but it would be nice to have a brother-sister talk, occasionally. she might even be able to hook me up with someone else, because i would prefer that to my mom doing it.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I am shocked at the "stay" responses as well.
I don't want to spend any more time thinking on that. :puke

·
this too shall pass
1,512 Posts
Personally, I'd end the relationship, but you know at the end of the day if a couple turn out to be siblings and stay together, it's not really anyone else's business if they are the only two concerned.

·
Registered
800 Posts
:eek: @ the people number who'd stay, bloody hell!

It's actually something I've heard of happening more than once but personally I just couldn't handle the creepiness of it no matter how deeply I was in love with them. I wouldn't feel guilt for what happened before I knew and would make every effort to keep them around as a sister though.

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
I'd be out the door faster than a coked up Speedy Gonzales, if you clicked 'stay' then get ready for some weird looking kids!

·
Live. Laugh. Learn
4,101 Posts
If I find out before the first sex, I'd leave.

But if we've already done the deed and are in love. Why bother at that point?

·
Temporarily stationary
1,486 Posts
Almost 30% would stay? :um I wonder how many of the respondees actually have siblings because there is a pretty visceral ew ew ew reaction to this question for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts