Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will regret this for the rest of my life: I had this friend bestfriend ever, for the four years of highschool. I think about high school every single day and what i could've changed and how, but there's no point because the damage is done. What i did to my bestfriend was wrong, what i did was take her from social events and situations because i was afraid she would leave me. She was the ONLY friend i had, the only true one at that. Graduation came, i saw her only 2x after that. Then she finally found tons of new friends, i go on her myspace once in a blue moon and see her w/ people, i admittedly get jealous because i feel she's suppose to be my friend only. At the same time i feel, she's enjoying life w/o me and i'm happy for her. I just wonder will anyone ever like me, will i ever have a bestfriend again? I know that sounds kiddish and stupid. But idk if this is apart of SA, like you only want that friend for yourself.

Tell me your story if you have one

Please Follow http://www.supersoshychick.blogspot.com

·
Registered
289 Posts
You will find another friend their are plenty of people out there, you can't keep thinking about the past if you want to move forward. You can even try to reconnect with your friend. She might be happy to hear from you again you never know, and you can gain your friendship you had with her back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i regret having quit so many jobs because i just could not handel the stress of dealing with people. and because lack of education i cannot get a job where i do not have to work in like customer service type jobs. i also quit college classes i was taking because it was such a stress for me just to sit in a room full of people. and the online classes did not work cause of my mind wondering too much on other things...ADD. i also have no friends and it has been that way for yrs and yrs

·
Banned
31 Posts
I have a lot of regrets in life, but strangely my biggest one to date isn't actually really related to SA. My my lack of motivation (esp when I was younger.) I used to go to music school at the weekends, and I took cello lessons for a short amount of time (actually wanted to play violin but it was not an option at my school) but I ended up dropping out in the end because I just didn't have the mental strength to continue. I wished I'd kept on because it is usually easier to learn instruments when you're younger. Even if I decided to take it up now (and I wouldn't, not through lessons any way and I can imagine self myself either instrument) it's not the same.

This probably wasn't entirely on topic, sorry about that... -_-;

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
There are a lot of good things I have missed because of SA. Some are

1) Missed hanging around with friends and having a good time
2) Relationships
3) Opportunities I didn't take at work place

But I have stopped regretting it. I'm glad I am at least doing this much with SA ...

·
My head looks huge...
78 Posts
I regret too much, and it's probably just making things worse...:blank

I regret sinking into a depression at the beginning of high school, and losing most of the friends that I had left. I regret shutting myself in my house due to fear. I regret my avoidance of people most of all, because I now have no friends that I actually hang out with, and I've never been in anything even close to a relationship in my entire life...the annoying part is, when I get mocked for this, it makes my anger flare up. All of this contributes to my temper, which is basically ruining my existence.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I regret missing my only sister's wedding,
I regret having missed sexual relationships for 9 years, from age 23 to now
I regret keeping in touch with friend

·
Lost
275 Posts
I will regret the future things I will pass on because of sa.
Ditto.

I know there will be so much I will pass on in the near future.

I regret feelings of jealousy I get when I hear my friends talking about all the new friends they've made at college.

I regret not going to college.

I regret not getting help sooner.

I regret being so weak that I'm unable to help myself out of this hole.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've hurt girls I really like and who return the same feelings back by ignoring them.

I've said some mean things to some people.

I regret procrastination.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well, let's see I treated my ex-girlfriend like crap and lost her...so there's that.

Also, I have this idea that no hot woman would just as soon shoot me as look at me, so one time when I was standing in line at Starbucks I turned around to look at something and accidentally caught the eye of this GORGEOUS older woman standing behind who said hi to me. I said hi back and then turned around. All of the sudden I hear her say "so what looks tempting?" I turned to her then looked at the dessert rack where she was looking and in a fit of brilliance said "the cheesecake looks good." And in an even bigger fit of brilliance I turned back around. Then she was listening to the cashier ask this girl a bunch of questions and said to me something like "wow she'd make a good detective." (seemed like she was trying to make conversation with me). I turned around to look at her again and said "Yep"...and turned back around. It hurts just typing this. Then I got my soda looked at her and instead of saying what I wanted to ("do you wanna sit down" or "can I buy you [whatever drink she was getting], I said "see ya" and left. I still to this day don't know what I was thinking.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, let's see I treated my ex-girlfriend like crap and lost her...so there's that.

Also, I have this idea that no hot woman would just as soon shoot me as look at me, so one time when I was standing in line at Starbucks I turned around to look at something and accidentally caught the eye of this GORGEOUS older woman standing behind who said hi to me. I said hi back and then turned around. All of the sudden I hear her say "so what looks tempting?" I turned to her then looked at the dessert rack where she was looking and in a fit of brilliance said "the cheesecake looks good." And in an even bigger fit of brilliance I turned back around. Then she was listening to the cashier ask this girl a bunch of questions and said to me something like "wow she'd make a good detective." (seemed like she was trying to make conversation with me). I turned around to look at her again and said "Yep"...and turned back around. It hurts just typing this. Then I got my soda looked at her and instead of saying what I wanted to ("do you wanna sit down" or "can I buy you [whatever drink she was getting], I said "see ya" and left. I still to this day don't know what I was thinking.
been there brodr, I feel your pain. we can't dwell on those moments however and instead try to think about the next time this situation might occur and be prepared.

your story might seem trivial to most but my eyes welled up b/c it hits close to home.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
- visited a friend when she was living abroad
- gone with a friend to a festival when she invited me
- kept in touch with a friend because she was the best friend I ever had
- asked a certain friend to go out, even just once
- told a so-called friend to **** off before she ruined my life

.. stuff i regret not doing!

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
When I was a senior in high school there was a girl who lived near my house who I liked. She was the same age as me and was quiet and shy. We occasionally had small talk but nothing came from it.
I regret that I never asked her out. After graduation she went to college and I never saw her agin. Her parents and siblings still live in my neighborhood so she may come back. Because of my SA I didn't want to become close with anyone.:no

·
killer of conversations
10,545 Posts
A lot. I'll just say that. It's such an enormous learning experience for me. I almost, almost let my one actual genuine friend from high school slip away. We may not have loads in common, but we can carry on a decent conversation and that's good enough for me.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts