Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,772 Posts
I use to go to the roller rink a lot alone when I was a kid. We had an old roller rink in the county seat in the county I lived in. I use to go every Friday and Saturday night. Then my parents came with me Sunday afternoon to skate. We didn't have roller blades back then. We just had the old four wheeled ones. The music they played was 45's. The owners ended up closing it up. It was bought by someone else, but they ended up running it into the ground. They ended up selling it to an Argentinian doctor and he turned it into an indoor soccer field. That ended up being a bust. I guess it is a roller rink again, but I haven't been back home since I moved out of state 13 years ago.

· Registered
10,772 Posts
Yeah, that's too bad. I live in a college town and we also have a lot of those types of people. I guess I'd get bored if no one wants to talk. I guess that's the stigma that holds true for a lot of bars and clubs - annoying people. I don't know, I was thinking about going tonight by myself, but I'd like to watch the Cavs play tonight and not get too bored if no one decides to chat. So if I do go, I suppose I'll try a few places and if none of them are the type of place I'm really diggin' then I'll just go home. Going to have to see what happens I suppose and just test it all out alone for a night...
I also live in a college town. Actually, there is two schools. One is a Technological University and the other is a 4 year Private Liberal Arts college. I would never go in a bar here esp near the University. Too many aholes for my taste.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.