Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gives you hope?:huh What keeps you standing when you feel like you're going to fall down?:fall

I know some will think this is stupid but recently I watched the movie "The Secret" (again) and I started really trying.
And many will disagree but it works.It actually does.
(in my case I got an apartment I had no chance of getting, it was something close to a miracle)
So I got myself out of the "frustration" section where I usually write and decided to dedicate myself to positive thinking.
And I really have to admit that it feels so much better having hope that something will work out instead of feeling sorry for myself all day long:yes (which is what I've been doing for the past few years:roll).

So what gives you hope?What keeps you going?

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
good on you for getting out of the frustration threads!!

What gives me hope?''great question by the way....

people smiling back at me and taking an interest in me despite my advancing years....
small victories...like today I had a blood test.slightly high cholesterol..that's all!! gives me hope to kick on for a few more years yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good on you for getting out of the frustration threads!!

What gives me hope?

people smiling back at me and taking an interest in me despite my advancing years....
small victories...like today I had a blood test.slightly high cholesterol..that's all!! gives me hope to kick on for a few more years yet.
I know what you mean.
It really is the small things that can make a person happy.:D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Seeing people take a stand for issues that don't directly affect them, just because they care about others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personnally, i'm actually in very difficult situation because i had just realise how sick i'm and about the effort I'll have to make to beat this thing.

But I realize after one week really hard, that in fact we are so many suffering of this ****. And I think that if we try to be just more aware of what is happening around us, we can be hopefull.

For example, i'm studying a the university and i just realize that for about 2 years with more or less the same people, that at least 2 of them are like me. And my hope come from the idea that one day i could speak to them (maybe...) and we can understand ourselves.

Looking at stats about SA and seing all the traffic of this site, help realize that WE ARE NOT ALONE, even if it's hard every day and it'll be tomorrow and if we had to fight alone, in fact we are all fighting at the same thing and that warm my heart.

ALso the post about people who were hidding in the closet during the lunch break, remind me me when I was younger, so I'm not the only one. It's maybe a selfish thought, but it help.

PS : I'm sry for my english, but realize this thing help me so much, so I hope that maybe it could help also some of you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts